Re-Published From November 18, 2011
10 Reasons Why You May Be a Prosperity Preacher
1) You think owning expensive homes, cars, planes, jewelry, having plastic surgery, maids and butlers, and traveling to exotic places of the earth (for fun not ministry – and taking a boatload of people with on your ministry’s dime)… is your God given right because you preach the Gospel.
2) You think having $700 ties, $5000 custom made suits and $1000 plus shoes is your God given right because you preach the Gospel.
3) You use every Old Testament feast, day, new moon, new year, Sabbath, breakfast meal and lunch break to create new teachings to get New Testament believers to give to your ministry.
4) You tell New Testament believers every one of the above hair-brained schemes is a “new revelation” from God – and they had better order your “new revelation” teaching (cd/dvd or even mp3 download) or God will not bless them.
5) You tell yourself you’re the now super-duper anointed vessel of the hour because you preach those hair-brained schemes.
6) You tell yourself you’re the now super-duper anointed vessel of the hour because you made an appearance on TBN or had an article written about you by Charisma Magazine.
7) You tell yourself you’re the now super-duper anointed vessel of the hour because you paid for a full-page ad in Charisma Magazine.
8) You have a posse/entourage of yes men and women bigger than most rock stars and Hollywood celebs.
9) You hassle and pressure your members to give to your building program so you can have a bigger building than the prosperity preacher down the block (though it’s not needed).
10) You would rather have a good word given to you from “the Donald” (as in Trump) rather than from “the Christ” (as in Jesus: Lord of Lords and King of Kings).
Posted by Joe Ouellette