[pdf-embedder url=”http://whygodreallyexists.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/How-To-Prove-God-Exists-Meranda-Devan.pdf” title=”How To Prove God Exists- Meranda Devan”]
here are just
that are extra ordinary.
Either what JESUS said was false, and you can dismiss the information,…….. OR, if He was telling the truth, there IS a HEAVEN or Hell waiting for us. God LOVED US all so much, Yeshua Jesus suffered the eternal fire for you…
1. The Holy Bible Is Divinely Inspired. Would it surprise you inside the bible contains truths that we only have discovered in our lifetime? Within the bible you will find mentions of modern science, medicine and mathematics embedded within its pages. Thousands of Bible Codes have been found threaded throughout the holy bible. How can a book which comes from 40 authors read so fluently with the same message through out? We answer this simply because it was inspired by the Holy Spirit.
2. It Was Prophesied That Jesus Had To Be Born Through A Particular Family Line. The genealogy in Matt. 1:1 is traced through Joseph, Jesus’ legal (though not natural) father, and it establishes His claim and right to the throne of David (v. 6). The genealogy in Luke 3:23-38 traces Mary’s genealogy. Some commentaries explain that Luke’s genealogy traces the physical ancestors of Yeshua through Mary, while Matthew’s genealogy traces the kingly line of Yeshua through Joseph.They have calculated the odds of that actually happening – 10 To the 2nd Power (1 in 10,000) that Yeshua Jesus would be a Descendant of David.
3. Prophecy Tells US GOD Picked the City of Bethlehem For The Messiah To Be Born In. Micah 5:2 says: “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.” They calculated the odds of this – 10 to 5th Power (1 Chance in 100,000) Jesus would be born in Bethlehem
4. Prophecy Is A Defining Difference With The Bible. An honest study of biblical prophecy will compellingly show the divine authorship of the Bible. Jesus fulfilled over 300 messianic prophecies written in the Old Testament scriptures. Prophecies have come to pass regarding events around the world. Isaiah 46:10 “I make known the end from the beginning”
There are 2,000 prophecies that discuss prophecy. No other religion has specific, repeated, and unfailing fulfillment of predictions many years in advance of contingent events over which the predictor had no control.
5. Yeshua Jesus Defied All Laws And Rose From The Dead.
Jesus spoke in advance that He would be killed. Not only that, He told specific details about His death: crucifixion and then resurrection from the dead. “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and the chief priests and the scribes and be killed, and after three days rise again” (Mark 8:31; see also Matthew 17:22; Luke 9:22).
- He foretold of His death on other occasions. If His enemies destroyed the temple (of his body), He would build it again in three days (John 2:19; Mark 14:58; cf. Matthew 26:61). Another instance is the “sign of Jonah”—three days in the heart of the earth (Matthew 12:39; 16:4). Again in Matthew 21:42—“The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner.”
- Paul claimed he seen the risen Christ, but that 500 others had seen Him also. Many of these eyewitness accounts when this claim went public. So what this means is that it wasn’t a fabricated story passed down through history, people could verify with over 500 people that this event happened before their eyes.
6. The Messiah would have had 456 identifying characteristics. Yeshua Jesus had them all. Can you imagine looking for someone who had 456 qualities? They would be very hard to miss considering His ministry and location of His birth was foretold.
7. Yeshua Jesus Claimed To Be God. What He said was true, because it was backed up by a resurrection, and prophecy about Himself. He claimed to be the God that has always existed.
- “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.“ In Matthew when Yeshua was out in the wilderness fasting forty days and forty nights, the devil tempted him. Notice when He replies to Satan, He replies stating that HE is God.
- Yeshua Jesus is the “mighty God” as is referenced in Isaiah 9:6, “For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us, and the government will rest on His shoulders, and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.” Yahweh is also called the Mighty God in Jeremiah 32:18 and Isaiah 10:21. In all three verses, including Isaiah 9:6, the Hebrew word for “mighty” (gibbor) is used.
- Yeshua Proclaims That HE Is The Aleph and Tav In Genesis 1:1. Here we have a very powerful connection “The Word”, the very one who is the “first and the last”, and the “beginning and the end” . “Besides Me there is no God” That is quite a statement to make, isn’t it?
- Yeshua In Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,”
- In Revelation 1:11 saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,”
- In Revelation 21:6 “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.
- Revelation 22:13“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
Articles on this topic:
- 26 Points Show How You Can Prove The Divinity Of Jesus- Why God
- Was Jesus Just A Man Or Was He God? – Powerful Proof Of Who … Why God
- Witnessing To Your Muslim Friends- Did You Know Powerful Evidence …Why God
- In 4 Sentences Yeshua Jesus Reveals Powerful Info About Himself … Why God
8. The ODDS Of Fulfilling ALL The Prophecies That Were Written About Yeshua Are Astronomical – Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College, Peter Stoner, has calculated the probability of one man fulfilling the major prophecies made concerning the Messiah. Twelve different classes representing some 600-university students worked out the estimates. 1 in (10 to the 157POWER) that one man could fulfill even 48 (F O U R T Y – e i g h t ) of these Old Testament prophecies.
JUST REMEMBER THAT JESUS FULFILLED OVER 300!
The figures were submitted to a committee of the American Scientific Affiliation. Upon examination, they verified that his calculations were dependable and accurate in regard to the scientific material presented (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks, Chicago: Moody Press, 1969, 4).
Gen. 3:15-He will bruise Satan’s head…..Heb. 2:14, 1 Jn. 3:18
Gen. 5:24….The bodily ascension to heaven illustrated….Mk. 6:19
Gen. 9:26,27…The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem…Lu. 3:36
Gen. 12:3…As Abraham’s seed,will bless all nations…Acts. 3:25,26
Gen. 12:7…The Promise made to Abraham’s Seed…Gal. 3:16
Gen. 14:18…A priest after Melchizedek…Heb. 6:20
Gen. 14:18……..A King also……..Heb. 7:2
Gen. 14:18…The Last Supper foreshadowed…Mt. 26:26-29
Gen. 17:19…….The Seed of Isaac…….Rom. 9:7
Gen. 22:8…The Lamb of God promised…Jn. 1:29
Gen. 22:18…As Isaac’s seed, will bless all nations…Gal. 3:16
Gen.26:2-5..The Seed of Isaac promised as the Redeemer..Heb.11:18
Gen. 49:10…The time of His coming…Lu. 2:1-7; Gal. 4:4
Gen. 49:10…….The Seed of Judah…….Lu. 3:33
Gen. 49:10……Called Shiloh or One Sent……Jn. 17:3
Gen. 49:10…To come before Judah lost identity…Jn. 11:47-52
Gen. 49:10…To Him shall the obedience of the people be…Jn. 10:16
Ex. 3:13,14……..The Great “I Am”…….Jn. 4:26
Ex. 12:5…A Lamb without blemish…1 Pet. 1:19
Ex. 12:13…The blood of the Lamb saves from wrath…Rom. 5:8
Ex. 12:21-27…Christ is our Passover…1 Cor. 5;7
Ex. 12:46…Not a bone of the Lamb to be broken…Jn. 19:31-36
Ex. 15:2…His exaltation predicted as Yeshua…Acts 7:55,56
Ex. 15:11…His Character-Holiness…Luke 1:35; Acts 4:27
Ex. 17:6…The Spiritual Rock of Israel…1 Cor. 10;4
Ex. 33:19…His Character-Merciful…Lu. 1:72
Lev.14:11..The leper cleansed-Sign to priesthood..Lu.5:12-14; Acts 6:7
Lev.16:15-17…Prefigures Christ’s once-for-all death…Heb. 9:7-14
Lev.16:27…Suffering outside the Camp…Mt. 27:33; Heb. 13:11, 12
Lev.17:11…The Blood-the life of the flesh…Mt. 26;28; Mk. 10:45
Lev.17:11…It is the blood that makes atonement…1 Jn. 3:14-18
Lev.23:36-37…The Drink-offering: “If any man thirst.” ..Jn. 19:31-36
Num. 9:12…Not a bone of Him broken…John 19:31-36
Num. 21:9…The serpent on a pole-Christ lifted up…Jn. 3:14-18
Num. 24:17…Time: “I shall see him, but not now.”…Gal. 4:4
Deut. 18:15…”This is of a truth that prophet.”…Jn. 6:14
Deut. 18:15-16…”Had ye believed Moses, ye would believe me.”…Jn. 5:45-47
Deut. 18:18…Sent by the Father to speak His word…Jn. 8:28, 29
Deut. 18:19…Whoever will not hear must bear his sin…Jn. 12:15,
Deut. 21:23…Cursed is he that hangs on a tree…Gal. 3:10-13
Ruth 4:4-9…Christ, our kinsman, has redeemed us…Eph. 1:3-7
1 Sam. 2:10…Shall be an anointed King to the Lord…Mt. 28:18; Jn. 12:15
2 Sam. 7:12…David’s Seed…Mt. 1:1
2 Sam. 7:14a…The Son of God… Lu. 1:32
2 Sam. 7:16…David’s house established forever…Lu. 3:31; Rev. 22:16
2 Ki. 2:11…The bodily ascension to heaven illustrated…Lu. 24:51
1 Chr. 17:11…David’s Seed…Mt. 1:1; 9:27
1 Chr. 17:12, 13a…To reign on David’s throne forever…Lu. 1:32, 33
1 Chr. 17:13a…”I will be His Father, He…my Son.”…Heb. 1:5
Job 19:23-27…The Resurrection predicted…Jn. 5:24-29
Psa. 2:1-3…The enmity of kings foreordained…Acts 4:25-28
Psa. 2:2…To own the title, Anointed (Christ)…Acts 2:36
Ps. 2:6…His Character-Holiness…Jn. 8:46; Rev. 3:7
Ps. 2:6…To own the title King…Mt. 2:2
Ps. 2:7…Declared the Beloved Son…Mt. 3;17
Psa. 2:7, 8…The Crucifixion and Resurrection intimated…Acts 13:29-33
Psa. 2:12…Life comes through faith in Him…Jn. 20:31
Psa. 8:2…The mouths of babes perfect His praise…Mt. 21:16
Psa. 8:5, 6…His humiliation and exaltation…Lu. 24:50-53; 1 Cor. 15:27
Psa. 16:10…Was not to see corruption…Acts 2:31
Psa. 16:9-11…Was to arise from the dead…Jn. 20:9
Psa. 17;15…The resurrection predicted…Lu. 24:6
Psa. 22:1…Forsaken because of sins of others…2 Cor. 5:21
Psa. 22:1…Words spoken from Calvary, “My God…” Mk. 15:34
Psa. 22:2…Darkness upon Calvary…Mt. 27:45
Psa. 22:7…They shoot out the lip and shake the head…Mt. 27:39
Psa. 22:8..”He trusted in God, let Him deliver Him”…Mt. 27:43
Psa. 22:9……Born the Saviour……Lu. 2:7
Psa. 22:14…Died of a broken (ruptured)heart…Jn. 19:34
Psa. 22:14,15…Suffered agony on Calvary…Mk. 15:34-37
Psa. 22:15……..He thirsted……..Jn. 19:28
Psa. 22:16…They pierced His hands and His feet….Jn. 19:34,37;20:27
Psa. 22:17,18…Stripped Him before the stares of men…Lu. 23:34,35
Psa. 22:18…..They parted His garments…..Jn. 19:23,24
Psa. 22:20,21…He committed Himself to God…Lu.23:46
Psa. 22:20,21..Satanic power bruising the Redeemer’s heel..Heb. 2:14
Psa. 22:22…..His Resurrection declared…..Jn. 20:17
Psa. 22:27…He shall be the governor of the nations…Col 1:16
Psa. 22:31……”It is finished”……Jn. 19:30
Psa. 23:1….”I am the Good Shephard”….Jn. 10:11
Psa. 24:3……His exaltation predicted……Acts 1:11; Phil. 2:9
Psa. 30:3……His resurrection predicted……Acts 2:32
Psa. 31:5…”Into thy hands I commit my spirit”…Lu. 23:46
Psa. 31:11…His acquaintances fled from Him…Mk. 14:50
Psa. 31:13…They took counsel to put Him to death…Jn. 11:53
Psa. 31:14,15…” He trusted in God, let Him deliver him”…Mt. 27:43
Psa. 34:20…..Not a bone of Him broken…..Jn 19:31-36
Psa. 35:11….False witnesses rose up against Him….Mt. 26:59
Psa. 35:19…He was hated without a cause…Jn. 15:25
Psa. 38:11…..His friends stood afar off…..Lu. 23:49
Psa. 40:2-5…The joy of His resurrection predicted…Jn. 20:20
Psa. 40:6-8….His delight-the will of the Father….Jn. 4:34
Psa. 40:9….He was to preach the Righteousness in Israel….Mt. 4:17
Psa. 40:14…Confronted by adversaries in the Garden…Jn. 18:4-6
Psa. 41:9…..Betrayed by a familiar friend…..Jn. 13:18
Psa. 45:2…Words of Grace come from His lips…Lu. 4:22
Psa. 45:6…To own the title, God or Elohim…Heb. 1:8
Psa. 45:7…A special anointing by the Holy Spirit…Mt.3:16; Heb.1:9
Psa. 45:7,8…Called the Christ (Messiah or Anointed)…Lu. 2:11
Psa. 55:12-14…Betrayed by a friend, not an enemy…Jn. 13:18
Psa. 55:15…Unrepentant death of the Betrayer…Mt. 27:3-5; Acts 1:16-19
Psa. 68:18…To give gifts to men…Eph. 4:7-16
Psa. 68:18…Ascended into Heaven…Lu. 24:51
Psa. 69:4…Hated without a cause…Jn. 15:25
Psa. 69:8…A stranger to own brethren…Lu. 8;20,21
Psa. 69:9…Zealous for the Lord’s House…Jn. 2:17
Psa. 69:14-20…Messiah’s anguish of soul before crucifixion…Mt. 26:36-45
Psa. 69:20…”My soul is exceeding sorrowful.”…Mt. 26:38
Psa. 69:21…Given vinegar in thirst…Mt. 27:34
Psa. 69:26…The Saviour given and smitten by God…Jn. 17:4; 18:11
Psa. 72:10,11…Great persons were to visit Him…Mt. 2:1-11
Psa. 72:16…The corn of wheat to fall into the Ground…Jn. 12:24
Psa. 72:17…His name, Yinon, will produce offspring…Jn. 1:12,13
Psa. 72:17…All nations shall be blessed by Him…Acts 2:11,12,41
Psa. 78:1.2…He would teach in parables…Mt. 13:34-35
Psa. 78:2b…To speak the Wisdom of God with authority…Mt. 7:29
Psa. 88:8…They stood afar off and watched…Lu. 23:49
Psa. 89:27…Emmanuel to be higher than earthly kings…Lu. 1:32,33
Psa. 89:35-37…David’s Seed, throne, kingdom endure forever…Lu. 1:32,33
Psa. 89:36-37…His character-Faithfulness…Rev. 1:5
Psa. 90:2…He is from everlasting (Micah 5:2)…Jn. 1:1
Psa. 91:11,12…Identified as Messianic; used to tempt Christ…Lu. 4;10,11
Psa. 97:9…His exaltation predicted…Acts 1:11;Eph. 1:20
Psa. 100:5…His character-Goodness…Mt. 19:16,17
Psa. 102:1-11…The Suffering and Reproach of Calvary…Jn. 21:16-30
Psa. 102:25-27…Messiah is the Preexistent Son…Heb. 1:10-12
Psa. 109:25…Ridiculed…Mt. 27:39
Psa. 110:1…Son of David…Mt. 22:43
Psa. 110:1…To ascend to the right-hand of the Father…Mk.16:19
Psa. 110:1…David’s son called Lord…Mt. 22:44,45
Psa. 110:4…A priest after Melchizedek’s order…Heb. 6:20
Psa. 112:4…His character-Compassionate, Gracious, et al… Mt. 9;36
Psa. 118:17,18…Messiah’s Resurrection assured…Lu. 24:5-7;1 Cor. 15:20
Psa. 118:22,23…The rejected stone is Head of the corner…Mt. 21:42,43
Psa. 118:26a…The Blessed One presented to Israel…Mt. 21:9
Psa. 118:26b…To come while Temple standing…Mt. 21;12-15
Psa. 132:11…The Seed of David(the fruit of His Body)…Lu. 1:32
Psa. 138:1-6…The supremacy of David’s Seed amazes kings… Mt. 2:2-6
Psa. 147:3,6…The earthly ministry of Christ described…Lu. 4:18
Psa. 1:23…He will send the Spirit of God… Jn. 16;7
Song. 5;16…The altogether lovely One…Jn. 1:17
Isa. 6:1…When Isaiah saw His glory… Jn. 12:40-41
Isa. 6:9-10…Parables fall on deaf ears…Mt. 13:13-15
Isa. 6:9-12…Blinded to Christ and deaf to His words…Acts. 28:23-29
Isa. 7:14…To be born of a virgin…Lu. 1:35
Isa. 7:14…To be Emmanuel-God with us… Mt. 1:18-23
Isa. 8:8…Called Emmanuel…Mt. 28:20
Isa. 8:14…A stone of stumbling, a Rock of offense… 1 Pet. 2:8
Isa. 9:1,2…His ministry to begin in Galilee…Mt. 4:12-17
Isa. 9:6…A child born-Humanity…Lu. 1:31
Isa. 9:6…A Son given-Deity…Lu. 1:32; Jn. 1;14; 1 Tim. 3:16
Isa. 9:6…Declared to be the Son of God with power… Rom. 1:3,4
Isa. 9:6…The Wonderful One, Peleh…Lu. 4:22
Isa. 9:6…The Counsellor, Yaatz…Mt. 13:54
Isa. 9:6…The Mighty God, El Gibor…Mt. 11:20
Isa. 9:6…The Everlasting Father, Avi Adth…Jn. 8:58
Isa. 9:6…The Prince of Peace, Sar Shalom…Jn . 16:33
Isa. 9:7…To establish an everlasting kingdom…Lu. 1:32-33
Isa. 9:7…His Character-Just…Jn. 5:30
Isa. 9:7…No end to his Government, Throne, and Peace…Lu. 1:32-33
Isa. 11:1…Called a Nazarene-the Branch, Netzer…Mt. 2:23
Isa. 11:1…A rod out of Jesse-Son of Jesse…Lu. 3:23,32
Isa. 11:2…The anointed One by the Spirit…Mt. 3;16,17
Isa. 11:2…His Character-Wisdom, Understanding, et al….Jn. 4:4-26
Isa. 11:4…His Character-Truth…Jn. 14:6
Isa. 11:10…The Gentiles seek Him…Jn. 12:18-21
Isa. 12:2…Called Jesus-Yeshua…Mt. 1:21
Isa. 25:8…The Resurrection predicted…I Cor. 15:54
Isa. 26:19…His power of Resurrection predicted…Jn. 11:43,44
Isa. 28:16…The Messiah is the precious corner stone…Acts 4:11,12
Isa. 29:13…He indicated hypocritical obedience to His Word…Mt. 15:7-9
Isa. 29:14…The wise are confounded by the Word…I Cor. 1:18-31
Isa. 32:2…A Refuge-A man shall be a hiding place…Mt. 23:37
Isa. 35:4…He will come and save you…Mt. 1:21
Isa. 35:5…To have a ministry of miracles…Mt. 11:4-6
Isa. 40:3,4…Preceded by forerunner…Jn. 1:23
Isa. 40:9…”Behold your God.”…Jn. 1:36;19:14
Isa. 40:11…A shepherd-compassionatelife-giver…Jn. 10:10-18
Isa. 42:1-4…The Servant-as a faithful, patient redeemer… Mt.12:18-21
Isa. 42:2…Meek and lowly… Mt. 11:28-30
Isa. 42:3…He brings hope for the hopeless… Jn. 4
Isa. 42:4…The nations shall wait on His teachings… Jn. 12:20-26
Isa. 42:6…The Light (salvation) of the Gentiles…Lu. 2:32
Isa. 42:1,6…His is a Worldwide compassion… Mt. 28:19,20
Isa. 42:7…Blind eyes opened… Jn. 9:25-38
Isa. 43:11…He is the only Saviour… Acts. 4:12
Isa. 44:3…He will send the Spirit of God… Jn. 16:7,13
Isa. 45:23…He will be the Judge… Jn. 5:22;Rom. 14:11
Isa. 48:12…The First and the Last…Jn. 1:30;Rev. 1:8,17
Isa. 48:17…He came as a Teacher…Jn. 3:2
Isa. 49:1…Called from the womb-His humanity…Mt. 1:18
Isa. 49:5…A Servant from the womb…Lu. 1:31;Phil. 2:7
Isa. 49:6…He is Salvation for Israel…Lu. 2:29-32
Isa. 49:6…He is the Light of the Gentiles…Acts 13:47
Isa. 49:6…He is Salvation unto the ends of the earth… Acts 15:7-18
Isa. 49:7…He is despised of the Nation… Jn. 8:48-49
Isa. 50:3…Heaven is clothed in black at His humiliation… Lu. 23:44,45
Isa. 50:4…He is a learned counsellor for the weary… Mt. 11:28,29
Isa. 50:5…The Servant bound willingly to obedience… Mt. 26:39
Isa. 50:6a…”I gave my back to the smiters.”… Mt. 27:26
Isa. 50:6b…He was smitten on the cheeks… Mt. 26:67
Isa. 50:6c…He was spat upon… Mt. 27:30
Isa. 52:7…To publish good tidings of peace… Lu. 4:14,15
Isa. 52:13…The Servant exalted…Acts 1:8-11; Eph. 1:19-22
Isa. 52:13…Behold, My Servant… Mt. 17:5; Phil. 2:5-8
Isa. 52:14…The Servant shockingly abused… Lu. 18:31-34; Mt. 26:67,68
Isa. 52:15…Nations startled by message of the Servant… Rom. 15:18-21
Isa. 52:15…His blood shed to make atonement for all… Rev. 1:5
Isa. 53:1…His people would not believe Him… Jn. 12:37-38
Isa. 53:2a…He would grow up in a poor family…. Lu. 2:7
Isa. 53:2b…Appearance of an ordinary man… Phil. 2:7-8
Isa. 53:3a…Despised…. Lu. 4:28-29
Isa. 53:3b…Rejected… Mt. 27:21-23
Isa. 53:3c…Great sorrow and grief… Lu. 19:41-42
Isa. 53:3d…Men hide from being associated with Him… Mk. 14:50-52
Isa. 53:4a…He would have a healing ministry… Lu. 6:17-19
Isa. 53:4b…He would bear the sins of the world… 1 Pet. 2:24
Isa. 53:4c…Thought to be cursed by God… Mt. 27:41-43
Isa. 53:5a…Bears penalty for mankind’s transgressions… Lu. 23:33
Isa. 53:5b…His sacrifice would provide peace between man and God… Col. 1:20
Isa. 53:5c…His back would be whipped… Mt. 27:26
Isa. 53:6a…He would be the sin-bearer for all mankind…Gal. 1:4
Isa. 53:6b…God’s will that He bear sin for all mankind… 1 Jn. 4:10
Isa. 53:7a…Oppressed and afflicted… Mt. 27:27-31
Isa. 53:7b…Silent before his accusers… Mt. 27:12-14
Isa. 53:7c…Sacrificial lamb… Jn. 1:29
Isa. 53:8a…Confined and persecuted… Mt. 26:47-27:31
Isa. 53:8b…He would be judged… Jn. 18:13-22
Isa. 53:8c…Killed…. Mt. 27:35
Isa. 53:8d…Dies for the sins of the world… 1 Jn. 2:2
Isa. 53:9a…Buried in a rich man’s grave… Mt. 27:57
Isa. 53:9b…Innocent and had done no violence… Mk. 15:3
Isa. 53:9c…No deceit in his mouth… Jn. 18:38
Isa. 53:10a…God’s will that He die for mankind… Jn. 18:11
Isa. 53:10b…An offering for sin… Mt. 20:28
Isa. 53:10c…Resurrected and live forever…. Mk. 16:16
Isa. 53:10d…He would prosper… Jn. 17:1-5
Isa. 53:11a…God fully satisfied with His suffering… Jn. 12:27
Isa. 53:11b…God’s servant… Rom. 5:18-19
Isa. 53:11c…He would justify man before God… Rom. 5:8-9
Isa. 53:11d…The sin-bearer for all mankind… Heb. 9:28
Isa. 53:12a…Exalted by God because of his sacrifice… Mt. 28:18
Isa. 53:12b…He would give up his life to save mankind… Lu. 23:46
Isa. 53:12c…Grouped with criminals… Lu. 23:32
Isa. 53:12d…Sin-bearer for all mankind… 2 Cor. 5:21
Isa. 53:12e…Intercede to God in behalf of mankind… Lu. 23:34
Isa. 55:3…Resurrected by God… Acts 13:34
Isa. 55:4…A witness… Jn. 18:37
Isa. 59:15-16a…He would come to provide salvation… Jn. 6:40
Isa. 59:15-16b…Intercessor between man and God… Mt. 10:32
Isa. 59:20…He would come to Zion as their Redeemer… Lu. 2:38
Isa. 61:1-2a…The Spirit of God upon him… Mt. 3:16-17
Isa. 61:1-2b…The Messiah would preach the good news… Lu. 4:17-21
Isa. 61:1-2c…Provide freedom from the bondage of sin and death… Jn. 8:31-32
Isa. 61:1-2…Proclaim a period of grace… Jn. 5:24
Jer.23:5-6a…Descendant of David…Lu. 3:23-31
Jer. 23:5-6b…The Messiah would be God… Jn. 13:13
Jer. 23:5-6c…The Messiah would be both God and Man… 1 Tim. 3:16
Jer. 31:22…Born of a virgin… Mt. 1:18-20
Jer. 31:31…The Messiah would be the new covenant… Mt. 26:28
Jer. 33:14-15…Descendant of David… Lu. 3:23-31
Eze.17:22-24…Descendant of David… Lk. 3:23-31
Eze.34:23-24…Descendant of David… Mt. 1:1
Dan. 7:13-14a…He would ascend into heaven… Acts 1:9-11
Dan. 7:13-14b…Highly exalted… Eph. 1:20-22
Dan. 7:13-14c…His dominion would be everlasting… Lu. 1:31-33
Dan. 9:24a…To make an end to sins… Gal. 1:3-5
Dan. 9:24b…He would be holy… Lu. 1:35
Dan. 9:25…Announced to his people 483 years, to the exact day, after the decree to rebuild the city of Jerusalem… Jn. 12:12-13
Dan. 9:26a…Killed… Mt. 27:35
Dan. 9:26b…Die for the sins of the world… Heb. 2:9
Dan. 9:26c…Killed before the destruction of the temple… Mt. 27:50-51
Dan. 10:5-6…Messiah in a glorified state… Rev. 1:13-16
Hos. 13:14…He would defeat death… 1 Cor. 15:55-57
Joel 2:32…Offer salvation to all mankind… Rom. 10:12-13
Mic. 5:2a…Born in Bethlehem… Mt. 2:1-2
Mic. 5:2b…God’s servant… Jn. 15:10
Mic. 5:2c…From everlasting… Jn. 8:58
Hag. 2:6-9…He would visit the second Temple… Lu. 2:27-32
Hag. 2:23…Descendant of Zerubbabel… Lu. 3:23-27
Zech. 3:8…God’s servant… Jn. 17:4
Zech. 6:12-13…Priest and King… Heb. 8:1
Zech. 9:9a…Greeted with rejoicing in Jerusalem… Mt. 21:8-10
Zech. 9:9b…Beheld as King… Jn. 12:12-13
Zech. 9:9c…The Messiah would be just… Jn. 5:30
Zech. 9:9d…The Messiah would bring salvation… Luke 19:10
Zech. 9:9e…The Messiah would be humble… Mt. 11:29
Zech. 9:9f…Presented to Jerusalem riding on a donkey… Mt. 21:6-9
Zech. 10:4…The cornerstone… Eph. 2:20
Zech. 11:4-6a…At His coming, Israel to have unfit leaders… Mt. 23:1-4
Zech. 11:4-6b…Rejection causes God to remove His protection.. Lu. 19:41-44
Zech. 11:4-6c…Rejected in favor of another king… Jn. 19:13-15
Zech. 11:7…Ministry to “poor,” the believing remnant… Mt. 9:35-36
Zech. 11:8a…Unbelief forces Messiah to reject them… Mt. 23:33
Zech. 11:8b…Despised… Mt. 27:20
Zech. 11:9…Stops ministering to the those who rejected Him… Mt. 13:10-11
Zech. 11:10-11a…Rejection causes God to remove protection… Lu. 19:41-44
Zech. 11:10-11b…The Messiah would be God… Jn. 14:7
Zech. 11:12-13a…Betrayed for thirty pieces of silver… Mt. 26:14-15
Zech. 11:12-13b…Rejected… Mt. 26:14-15
Zech. 11:12-13c…Thirty pieces of silver thrown into the house of the Lord… Mt. 27:3-5
Zech. 11:12-13d…The Messiah would be God… Jn. 12:45
Zech. 12:10a…The Messiah’s body would be pierced… Jn. 19:34-37
Zech. 12:10b…The Messiah would be both God and man… Jn. 10:30
Zech. 12:10c…The Messiah would be rejected… Jn. 1:11
Zech. 13:7a…God’s will He die for mankind… Jn. 18:11
Zech. 13:7b…A violent death… Mt. 27:35
Zech. 13:7c…Both God and man.. Jn. 14:9
Zech. 13:7d…Israel scattered as a result of rejecting Him… Mt. 26:31-56
Mal. 3:1a…Messenger to prepare the way for Messiah… Mt. 11:10
Mal. 3:1b…Sudden appearance at the temple… Mk. 11:15-16
Mal. 3:1c…Messenger of the new covenant… Lu. 4:43
Mal. 4:5…Forerunner in the spirit of Elijah… Mt. 3:1-2
Mal. 4:6…Forerunner would turn many to righteousness… Lu. 1:16-17
9.There Is No Way A Man Could Determine Where He Is Born Or Dies. Yeshua Jesus DID NOT manipulate events to fulfill prophecy. There is no way He could arrange WHERE he was born. The Place of the Messiah’s birth was prophesied in Micah 5:2. The Date of the Messiah’s birth (Daniel 9:25). Manner of birth of the Messiah (Isaiah 7:14), The Manner of death of the Messiah (Zechariah 12:10; Psalm 22:16 prophesied before the invention of crucifixion). Piercing in side of that Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). The Details of the Burial of the Messiah (Isaiah 53:9). Executors dividing up Jesus’s clothes AFTER He died on the cross.
10 MILLIONS of Muslims are seeing dreams of JESUS and ARE Converting to Christianity
- Visions of Jesus Stir Muslim Hearts: Spiritual Life on CBN.com
- Rising number of Muslims reporting dreams about Jesus – WND.com
- Muslim Family Says Jesus Appeared to Them Charismanews.com
- After Dreams Of Jesus Imam Renounces Islam | Pray | Open Doors USA
- As Muslims pray and fast during Ramadan, ‘Man in White’ appears in ..
11. AN EARTHQUAKE and an Eclipse Happened while Yeshua Jesus Was Dying On The Cross -Sited by MANY NON Biblical Sources (13 in total) It did HAPPEN! The darkness was noted all around the world! It happened from 12 noon to 3 pm when Jesus died.
12. The Holy Temple Tore At The Moment Of Yeshua Jesus’s Death The curtain was 60 feet in height, 30 feet in width and 4 inches thick. This is a massive curtain!
There were thousands of eye-witnesses to the events surrounding the crucifixion to refute any obvious errors making the believability of what Mark reported even stronger.
In Tractate Yoma 6:3 we read:It has been taught : Forty years before the destruction of the Temple the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open. Said [to the Temple] Rabban Yohanan ben Zakkai, “O Temple, why do you frighten us? We know that you will end up destroyed. For it has been said, ‘Open your doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour your cedars!’” (Zech 11:1).
13. Yeshua Jesus Can Be Found In History
- Cornelius Tacitus (55-120 AD), “the greatest historian” of ancient Rome
- Flavius Josephus (37-97 AD), court historian for Emperor Vespasian
- Josephus, writing for the Roman government in the 70’s A.D
- Julius Africanus, writing around 221 AD
Gaius Suetonius Tranquillas, chief secretary of Emperor Hadrian (117-138 AD)
- Pliny the Younger, Roman governor of Bithynia
- Emperor Trajan, in reply to Pliny. The Roman Governor
- Emporer Hadrian (117-138 AD), in a letter to Minucius Fundanus, the Asian proconsul
- The Jewish Talmud, compiled between 70 and 200 AD
Summary Of 16 Remarkable Pieces Of Evidence Proving God
Evidence 1. The Bible Is Divinely Inspired
Evidence 2. The Unique Ancestry Of Yeshua
Evidence 3. Prophecy
Evidence 3. Prophecy Of Coming Events In Our Day
Evidence 3. Yeshua Jesus Fulfilled 300 Prophecies
Evidence 4. “When History and Prophecy Converge” By Mario Seigli
Evidence 5. Yeshua’s Resurrection
Evidence 5. 8 Facts That Prove The Resurrection
Evidence 6. Muslims Seeing Dreams Of Jesus
Evidence 7. YESHUA Produced Miracles
Evidence 7. The Bible is Absolutely Filled with LOVE and IS Morally Sound
Evidence 8. The Eclipse At The Cross
Evidence 8. The Earthquake / Eclipse Sited by Non-Biblical Sources
Evidence 9. The Torn Temple Curtain In Inner Sanctuary Of The Tabernacle
Evidence 10. Unique Claims Of Yeshua
Evidence 10. Divine Attributes Of Yeshua
Evidence 11. Yeshua Was A Historical Person
Evidence 12. Would You Die For A Lie?
Evidence 13. Mathematics In The Bible
Evidence 14. THOUSANDS Of Bible Codes Reveal Elohim
Evidence 15. A Just Right Universe By Design
Evidence 15. Fine Tuning Parameters For The JUST RIGHT Universe
Evidence 16. Creation/Biochemistry Reveals Yahweh
You & God
The Bible says that we are all sinners (Rom. 3:23, Romans 3:13).
This means that WE HAVE all offended God.
Because of this,…
- we are separated from God (Isaiah 59:2),
- are dead in our sins (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:3),
- cannot please God (Rom. 3:10-11),
- and will suffer damnation (2 Thess. 1:9).
Therefore, Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and rose from the grave to save us (Isa. 53:6).
Salvation is found by trusting in what Jesus did on the cross (John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Pet. 2:24,John 1:12, Acts 16:30,31,
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16)
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever. I thank you for dying for me on the Cross and taking my Hell for me. I come to you now, the best way I know how, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.
“If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED- Romans 10:9
THE BIBLE IS DIVINELY INSPIRED
Consider These Interesting Points That Testify That The Bible Was Inspired By God.
Greenleaf one of the greatest lawyers in our time has authored the authoritative three-volume text, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence (1842), which is still considered “the greatest single authority on evidence in the entire literature of legal procedure.” Greenleaf literally wrote the rules of evidence for the U.S. legal system. He was an atheist until he accepted a challenge by his students to investigate the case for Christ’s resurrection. Greenleaf became a Christian and wrote the classic, Testimony of the Evangelists. “Let [the Gospel’s] testimony be sifted, as it were given in a court of justice on the side of the adverse party, the witness being subjected to a rigorous cross-examination. The result, it is confidently believed, will be an undoubting conviction of their integrity, ability, and truth.”– Taken from Lee Strobel
Sir Lionel Luckhoo (1914-1997) is considered one of the greatest lawyers in British history. He’s recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records as the “World’s Most Successful Advocate,” with 245 consecutive murder acquittals. He was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II — twice. Luckhoo declared:
“I humbly add I have spent more than 42 years as a defense trial lawyer appearing in many parts of the world and am still in active practice. I have been fortunate to secure a number of successes in jury trials and I say unequivocally the evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt”
Gleason Archer, a scholar of biblical studies and languages of recent years, writes about attributes of the Bible: “As I have dealt with one apparent discrepancy after another and have studied the alleged contradictions between the biblical record and the evidence of linguistics, archaeology, or science, my confidence in the trustworthiness of Scripture has been repeatedly verified and strengthened by the discovery that almost every problem in Scripture that has ever been discovered by man, from ancient times until now, has been dealt with in a completely satisfactory manner by the biblical text itself-or else by objective archaeological information” (Encyclopedia of Bible Difficulties, Zondervan, Grand Rapids, 1982, p. 12).
Frank E. Gaebelein, an eminently qualified author and general editor of The Expositor’s Bible Commentary, has remarked that “the attitude of suspended judgment toward Bible difficulties . . . is constantly being vindicated, as archaeology has solved one Biblical problem after another, and as painstaking re-examination of discrepancies has finally led to answers” (The Expositor’s Bible Commentary, Zondervan, Grand Rapids, 1979, Vol. 1. p. 31).
The Gospels Were Written In The First Century:
Of the four Gospels alone, there are 19,368 citations by the church fathers from the late first century on. Unlike any other ancient documents, virtually the entire New Testament could be reconstructed from quotations from the gospels. This argues powerfully that the Gospels were in existence before the MIDDLE of the first century, while some eyewitnesses (including John) were still alive.
“Luke is a historian of the first rank,” he concluded. “Not merely are his statements of fact trustworthy, he is possessed of the true historic sense . . . In short this author should be placed along with the very greatest of historians” (The Bearing of Recent Discovery on the Trustworthiness of the New Testament, 1953, p. 80)
About The Word Of God
The Bible was written for God to reach out to his people.– God has inspired the authors to write what He wanted to say, to tell people about his love for them. 2Timothy 3:16; 2Peter 1:20-21; John 10:35; 17:17
When writing, they were moved by God’s Holy Spirit. (2Peter 1:21). v The Bible is unique because through all it’s 40 authors, written over a 1,500 year span; over 40 generations, it has the same message throughout.
The Bible speaks scientific truth before it being discovered. The Bible describes God hanging the earth “on nothing” (Job 26:7). This was written millennia before Isaac Newton discovered the invisible laws of gravity that showed the earth truly is suspended “on nothing.”
The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in A.D. 1947 provided an incredible proof for the authenticity and reliability of the Old Testament. The Scrolls comprise some 800 documents in tens of thousands of fragments. They confirm word for word identical to the Hebrew Bible. These manuscripts are 1000 years OLDER than the previous oldest manuscripts we have ever found. It is INTERESTING that AGAINST ALL ODDS they would even survive and TESTIFY to the Maker of the world. They were saved in the precise location with the precise temperature and without sunlight.
The Bible Is Intact, compared to all the ancient works of substantial size. This is against all odds and expectations. There are now more than 5,300 known Greek manuscripts of the New Testament. Add to that over 10,000 Latin Vulgate and at least 9,300 other early versions and we have MORE THAN 24,000 manuscript copies of portions of the New Testament in existence.
No other document of ancient times even begins to approach such numbers and confirmation. In comparison with other ancient documents that have available copies versus the originals are – (Caesar-10 copies which are 1000 years older), (Tacitus 20 copies which are 1000 years older) and (Plato 7 copies which are 1200 years older)
The Most ASTOUNDING Evidence is the THOUSANDS of ELS Codes, (known as the bible codes) found buried under the text.
The Bible IS Scientifically Accurate
The Bible has described scientific details in the word that only have been discovered thousands of years later. Incredibly modern medical statements prove that God inspired the Scriptures such as washing our hands. At one time doctors did not wash their hands before surgery.
- The Shape of the Earth (Isaiah 40:22)
- The Earth is suspended in nothing (Job. 26:7). The cosmology of other cultures had the earth suspended upon pillars, or people, or animals.
- The Stars are Innumerable ,”(Job. 26:7, NIV).
- The Existence of Valleys in the Seas (Gen. 15:5, NIV).
- The Existence of Springs and Fountains in the Seas Gen. 8:2; Prov. 8:28.
- The Existence of Water Paths (Ocean Currents) in the Seas (Psalm 8:1,3,6,8).
- The Hydrologic Cycle (Job. 26:8). (Job. 36:27-28) (Ecclesiastes 1:6-7).
- The Concept of Entropy (Psalm 102:22-26).
- The Nature of Health, Sanitation, and Sickness (Leviticus 12-14)
THE UNIQUE ANCESTRY OF YESHUA
A: Prophecy Odds- (10 To the 2nd Power (1 in 10,000) Jesus would be a Descendant of David
- As the Seed of the woman, Messiah had to come out of humanity.
- As the Seed of Abraham, Messiah had to come from the nation of Israel.
- As the Seed of Judah, He had to be of the tribe of Judah.
- As the Seed of David, He had to be of the family of David.
- The Davidic line reaches through The line of Seth to Noah,
- Through the line of Shem to Abraham Genesis 22:18; 12; 17; 22. He would be a descendant of Abraham’s son, Isaac, not Ishmael (Gen. 17; 21). Then Through the lines of Isaac, (Gen. 17; 21) Through the lines of Jacob , not Esau (Gen. 28; 35:10-12; Num. 24:17). Through the lines of Judah
The Messiah would have be a descendant of Judah, not of the other eleven brothers of Jacob. Fulfilled: See Christ’s genealogy in Matthew 1.
More specifically, He would be a descendant of the family of Jesse in the tribe of Benjamin (Isaiah 11:1-5). Fulfilled: See Christ’s genealogy in Matthew 1 and Luke 3:23-38
More specifically, He would be of the house of David (2 Samuel 7:12-16; Jeremiah 23:5; Psalm 89:3-4). Fulfilled: See Christ’s genealogy in Matthew 1; Luke 1:27, 32, 69.
Note: Since the the Jewish genealogical records were destroyed in 70 A.D., along with the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, it would not be possible for a Messiah imposter who was born later to prove his lineage back to David and thus fulfill this prophecy. The MESSIAH had to be born in the line of David according to 2 Samuel 7:12-13.
B : His Unnatural Birth. It was prophesied that the Messiah must be born from a virgin (Isa 7:14), and this was fulfilled when Jesus was born (Mt 1:22-23).
C: The Location Of The Messiah’s Birth – Prophecy tells us Yahweh picked the city of Bethlehem for the Messiah to be Born in. Odds are 10 to 5th Power (1 Chance in 100,000) Jesus would be born in Bethlehem. God eliminated all the cities of the world and selected Bethlehem, with a population of less than a thousand, as the Messiah’s birthplace (Mic 5:2). Christ’s birth in Bethlehem was apparently not by the choice of Mary and Joseph; but rather it was forced upon them by Caesar Augustus’ taxation decree which required Joseph to leave his home in the city of Nazareth and return to his place of origin to pay the tax.
D. Feast of Tabernacles- For 1000 years followers of the Holy Scriptures came to Bethlehem and celebrated the Feast of Tabernacles. In Leviticus 23 it tells us that we are to celebrate this festival by living in sukkahs or tents remembering the deliverance of Gods people out of slavery in Egypt, in the Exodus. ASTONISHINGLY, faithful believers knew that their Messiah would be born DURING this festival in Bethlehem. AND HE WAS!
E: Young Babies Were Slaughtered In Attempt To Kill The Messiah- (Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18) An Angel told Mary and Joseph to escape to Egypt before they went about killing all the new borns! A miracle from GOD
F: Astronomy Predicted His Birth- The men that arrived to greet Jesus were not just “wise men” but nobility, Kings who came with a whole HOST of accompanied men arrived to greet Yeshua Jesus. We often think of these men arriving my themselves, but in reality there would have been many foot solders, caravans to guard the gifts that were being presented to Mary and Joseph. They knew that Yeshua could take the throne some day, and so these men were of supreme importance. (Matthew 2, Matthew 2:7–16) The gifts that were given sustained them in Egypt until they could return some day.
Approximately 2,500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2,000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter—no errors. (The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.)
Jesus fulfilled over 300 messianic prophecies written in the Old Testament scriptures.
There has been no prophetic failures in the Bible
No other religion has specific, repeated, and unfailing fulfillment of predictions many years in advance of contingent events over which the predictor had no control.
Mathematicians have calculated the odds of Jesus fulfilling only 8 of the Messianic prophecies as 1 out of 10 to the 17th power (a 1 followed by 17 zeros). This is equivalent to covering the entire state of Texas with silver dollars 2 feet deep, marking one of them, mixing them all up and having a blind-folded person select the marked one at random the first time.
The Messiah would have had 456 identifying characteristics. These are told to us through the Prophecies of the Old Testament. In Fact, Jesus fulfilled them all.
- I. Prophecy Odds 10 to 5th Power (1 Chance in 100,000) Jesus would be born in Bethlehem
- II. Prophecy Odds- 10 To the 2nd Power (1 in 10,000) Jesus would be a Descendant of David
- III. Prophecy Odds 10 to the 5th Power (1 Chance in 100,000) Jesus would be a miracle Worker
- IV. Prophecy Odds 10 to the 6th Power (1 Chance in 1,000,000) Jesus would present himself as a King riding on a donkey
- V. Prophecy Odds 10 to the 6th Power (1 Chance in 1,000,000) Jesus would be betrayed by a friend for 30 pieces of silver
- VI. Prophecy Odds 10 to the 6th Power (1 Chance in 1,000,000) Jesus would be Crucified
- VII. Prophecy Odds 10 to the 6th Power (1 Chance in 1,000,000) Jesus would first present Himself as King 173,880 days from the decree of Artazerxes to rebuild Jerusalem
– Total Probability without GOD 10 to the 38 Power – (1 Chance in 100 BILLION, BILLION, BILLION, BILLION)-(4 Billions)
Professor Emeritus of Science at Westmont College, Peter Stoner, has calculated the probability of one man fulfilling the major prophecies made concerning the Messiah.
Twelve different classes representing some 600-university students worked out the estimates. 1 in (10 157POWER) that one man could fulfill even 48 (F O U R T Y – e i g h t ) of these Old Testament prophecies.
The chances of one person fulfilling 48 of the over 300 prophecies is one chance in a (trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion,trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion.)Yet Jesus Christ fulfilled over 300 (O v e r T h r e e H U N D R E D !)
Finally, he submitted his figures for review to a committee of the American Scientific Affiliation. Upon examination, they verified that his calculations were dependable and accurate in regard to the scientific material presented (Peter Stoner, Science Speaks, Chicago: Moody Press, 1969, 4).
Evidence 3. PROPHECY OUT Of JESUS’S CONTROL
Jesus DID NOT manipulate events to fulfill prophecy. Many prophecies were out of his control (ancestry, place of birth, time of death).
- (a) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance – The Place of the Messiah’s birth (Micah 5:2).
- (b) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance –The Date of the Messiah’s birth (Daniel 9:25).
- (c) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance – Manner of birth of the Messiah (Isaiah 7:14).
- (d) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance – The Manner of death of the Messiah (Zechariah 12:10; Psalm 22:16 prophesied before the invention of crucifixion).
- (e) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance –Piercing in side of that Messiah After He was Dead(Zechariah 12:10).
- (f) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance – The Details of the Burial of the Messiah(Isaiah 53:9).
- (g) Jesus Christ Could NOT Control In Advance – Executors dividing up Jesus’s clothes after he died on the cross
Evidence 3: Fulfilled Prophecy NON Messianic Prophecies
The Succession of Great World Kingdoms (Daniel 2:37-42) Even negative critics agree that Daniel foretold the governments in order of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome TODAY.
In Daniel 2:1-3 His dream gives us God’s plan for the ages and presents the succession of world powers that are to dominate the middle east till the final victory of the Messiah (Expositor’s Bible, pp. 39, 46).
Daniels “70 weeks” prophecy recorded in Daniel 9: 24- 27 predicts the precise year of Christ’s appearance and the beginning of his ministry in A.D 27 (The Expositor’s Bible commentary, pg 9)
Prophecy of Cyrus King of Persia (Isaiah 44:28-45:1). Since Isaiah lived between about 740 and 690 BC and Cyrus did not make his proclamation for Israel to return from exile until about 536 (Ezra 1), there would have been no human way for him to know what Cyrus would be named or what Cyrus would do.
Israel to Be Returned to Its Land A Second Time (Isaiah 11:11-12). The first time God reclaimed a people was from Egypt through the Exodus; the second time is from the Babylonian Exile (Isaiah 51:9-11)
The Closing of the Golden Gate (Ezekiel 44:2-3). The Golden Gate is the eastern gate of Jerusalem, through which Christ made his triumphal entry on Palm Sunday before the crucifixion (Matthew 21). Ezekiel predicted its closing and in 1543 Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent closed the gate and walled it up, not knowing he was fulfilling prophecy. It remains sealed to this day exactly as the Bible predicted.
The Destruction of Tyre (Ezekiel 26:3-14). The prophecy was partly fulfilled when Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the city and left it in ruins. Alexander the Great later attacked the seemingly impregnable Island of Tyre by taking the stones, dust, and timber from the ruined mainland city to build a causeway to the Island. This prophecy is comparable to saying that Chicago will be destroyed and never rebuilt.
The Doom of Edom (Petra) (Jeremiah 49:15-17). Given the virtually impregnable nature of the ancient city carved out of rock and protected by a narrow passageway, this was an incredible prediction. Yet, in 636 AD it was conquered by Muslims and today stands deserted but for tourists.
Flourishing of the Desert in Palestine (Ezekiel 36:33-35). Since before the turn of the twentieth century, Israel has been renovated and Israel’s agriculture is flourishing.
Destruction of Jerusalem (Mark 13:1-2). Fulfilled literally when the Romans completely destroyed Jerusalem and the temple buildings. According to historian and eyewitness Josephus, some of the stones were 37 feet long, 12 feet high and 18 feet wide. Stones were even pried apart to collect the gold leaf that melted from the roof when the temple was set on fire.
*Prophecy Of Coming Events In Our Day*
(Reference: Ray Comfort)
i. The rebirth of Israel and the rebuilding of the Temple. Did you know that no nation that has ceased to exist has EVER come back into being after 2000 years of not being a nation? The Bible says that Israel would come back in the end times and that the Temple will be rebuilt in Jerusalem. See Ezekiel 37, 2 Thessalonians 2, Revelation 11
ii. The rebirth of the Roman Empire.-See Daniel 2, Daniel 7 – THIS is HAPPENING
iii. The Bible foretold that we would have to have a mark on our right hand or our forehead to buy or sell. – Revelation 13 John describes a one-world government with cashless money system that worked with a mark on each person’s hand or forehead.
iv. The Bible foretold that there would be an army of 200 million. Before the 20th century the population of the world was such that an army of that magnitude was inconceivable.- Revelation 9:13-19 (18) John describes an army of two hundred million soldiers that will cross the Euphrates river from the east. At that time there weren’t even two hundred million people on the earth let alone in one army. Today China boasts of an army of two hundred million soldiers. John describes this army as riding on horses with breastplates and of which out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. They had power in their tails and were used to kill a third of mankind. It sounds like John is describing modern day warfare with tanks. He called them horses because that was the only mode of transportation then.
v. False Bible teachers would be money hungry. They would be smooth talkers, have many followers, and slur the Christian faith (2 Peter 2:1-3)
vi. Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age (2 Timothy 3:3)
vii. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7)
viii. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1)
ix. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6)
x. People would forsake the Ten Commandments as a moral code, committing adultery, stealing, lying, and killing (Matthew 24:12)
xi. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God’s power (2 Timothy 3:5)
xii. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2 Timothy 4:4). This is so evident at Christmas when the birth of the Savior is lost behind the myth of Santa Claus.
xiii. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7). The worldwide increase in AIDS deaths is almost inestimable. Over 160,000 Americans die of cancer each year.
xiv. The fact that God once flooded the earth (the Noahic flood) would be denied (2 Peter 3:5-6 There is a mass of fossil evidence to prove this fact, yet it is flatly ignored by the scientific world because of its uncanny implication.
xv. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1 Timothy 4:3)
xvi. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)
xvii. Increase in vegetarianism would increase (1 Timothy 4:3-4)
xviii. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3)
xix. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international turmoil (Zechariah 12:3)
xx. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4)
xxi. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew 13:25-30)
xxii. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew 24:11 & 24)
xxiii. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26)
xxiv. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4)
xxv. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4)
xxvi. The Christian Gospel would be preached as a warning to all nations (Matthew 24:14)
xxvii. Jesus said Christians would be hated “for His name’s sake” (Matthew 24:9)
xxviii. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. (Luke 21:25-26).
xxix. Youth would become rebellious. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, un-thankful, unholy (2 Timothy 3:2)
xxx. Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age saying, “for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” (2 Peter 3:4). God is patient, not wanting a single person to perish, but to come to repentance.
xxxi. Zechariah 14:12-16 (19) Describes a battle which God will use to judge the nations (compare with Revelation 19:17-21 (20)). He describes the “plague” like this: “Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.” This sounds like nuclear warfare or biological or chemical warfare.
*Yeshua Jesus Fulfilled 300 Prophecies *
- 1. Messiah to be the seed of the Woman Claimed in Genesis 3:15 Fulfilled in Luke 2:5-7 & Galatians 4:4
- 2. Messiah to be the seed of Abraham Claimed in Genesis 12:2-3, 18:18 Fulfilled in Matthew 1: 1-2, Luke 3:34, Acts 3: 25 Galatians 3:16
- 3. Messiah to be of the tribe of Judah Found in Genesis 49:10 Fulfilled in Matthew 1:1-2
- 4. Messiah to be of the seed of David– 2 Samuel 7:16 , Psalm 132:11 , Jeremiah 23:5, 33:15 Fulfilled in Matthew 1:6, 22:42-45 ,Luke 1:31-33 Acts 2:29-30 , Romans 1:3
- 5. Messiah to be born of a virgin Found in Isaiah 7:14, Fulfilled in Matthew 1:18-25 , Luke 1:26-38
- 6. Messiah to be born in Bethlehem, Found in Micah 5:2, Fulfilled in Matthew 2:1-6 , Luke 2:4-6
- 7. Tribute paid to Messiah by great kings Found in Psalm 72:10-11, Fulfilled in Matthew 2:1-11
- 8. He will be a priest after the order of Melchisedek (Melchisedec) (Psalm 110:4). Fulfilled: Hebrews 5:6
- 9. He will come while the Temple of Jerusalem is standing ( Malachi 3:1; Psalm 118:26; Daniel 9:26; Zechariah 11:13; Haggai 2:7-9). Fulfilled: Matthew 21:12, etc. (Note: The Temple did not exist at certain periods in Jewish history, and it was finally destroyed in 70 AD.
- 10. He will perform many miracles (Isaiah 35:5-6).
- 11. He will open the eyes of the blind (Isa. 29:18). Fulfillment: Matt 9:27-31; 12:22; 20:29; Mark 8:22-26; 10:46; Luke 11:14; 18:35; John 9:1-7.
- 12. He will speak in parables (Psalm 78:2). Fulfillment: Matthew 13:34, etc.
- 13. The Gentiles will believe in Him, while His own people (the Jews) will reject him ( Isaiah 8:14; 28:16; 49:6; 50:6; 60:3; Psalms 22:7-8; 118:22). Fulfillment: 1 Peter 2:7, etc.
- 14. A messenger (a man of the wilderness) will prepare the way for Him (Isa. 40:3; Malachi 3:1). See John the Baptist (Matthew 3:1-3; 11:10; John 1:23; Luke 1:17).
- 15. He will enter Jerusalem riding a donkey (the colt of an ass) (Zechariah 9:9). Fulfillment: Matt. 21:5; Luke 19:32-37.
- 16. He will be hated for no reason (Psalm 69:4). Fulfillment: John 15:25.
- 17. He will be betrayed (Psalm 41:9). Fulfillment: Matt. 27:3-10.
- 18. More specifically, He will be betrayed by a friend (Psalm 41:9). Fulfillment: Matt. 27:3-10; 26:47-48.
- 19. The price of His betrayal will be thirty pieces of silver (Zech. 11:12). Fulfillment: Matt. 27:3-10.
- 20. The betrayal money will be cast onto the floor (Zech. 11:13). Fulfillment: Matt. 27:5.
- 21. More specifically, it will be cast onto the floor of the Temple (Zech. 11:13). Fulfillment: Matt. 27:3-10.
- 22. The betrayal money will be used to buy a potter’s field (Zech. 11:13). Fulfillment: Matt. 27:6-10.
- 23. He will not open his mouth to defend himself (Isaiah 53:7). Fulfillment: Matthew 27:12.
- 24. He will be beaten and spit upon (Isaiah 50:6). Fulfillment: Matthew 26:67; 27:26-30.
- 25. He will be “numbered with the transgressors” (Isaiah 53:12). Fulfillment: Jesus was crucified as a criminal in between two thieves (Mat 27:38).
- 26. He will be pierced (Zechariah 12:10). Fulfillment: John 19:34
- 27. His hands and feet will be pierced (Psalm 22:16; cf. Zechariah 12:10; Galatians 3:13).
- 28. Crucifixion foretold. Psalm 22 graphically prophecies the Messiah’s manner of death. At the time the psalm was written (and long after), the penalty for blasphemy was stoning. However, at the time Jesus was condemned by the Sanhedrin, it no longer had the legal right to put people to death. Thus, the case was taken to the Roman governor Pontius Pilate who crucified him according to Roman custom (see: Crucifixion).
- 29. His bones will not be broken (Psalm 34:20; Exodus 12 states that the Passover lamb’s bones are not to be broken.). Fulfillment: John 19:33.
- 30. They will divide his clothing and cast lots for them (Psalm 22:18). Fulfillment: John 19:23-24.
- 31. He will be given vinegar and gall to drink (Psalm 69:21). Fulfillment: Matthew 27:34, 48.
- 32. He will say: “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Psalm 22:1). Fulfillment: Matthew 27:46.
- 33. He will be buried with the rich (Isaiah 53:9). Fulfillment: Matthew 27.
- 34. He will not decay (Psalm 16:10). Fulfillment: Acts 2:31
- 35. He will be resurrected from the dead (Psalm 16:10). Fulfillment: Acts 2:31, etc. See: “Resurrection of Christ”.
- 36. He will ascend into heaven (Psalm 68:18). Fulfillment: Acts 1:9.
- 37. He will be seated at the right hand of God (Psalm 110:1). Fulfillment: Hebrews 1:3.
- 38. He will be the Son of God (Psa. 2:7). Fulfilled: Matthew 3:17, etc.
- 39. Messiah to be heralded by a messenger Isaiah 40:3 Malachi 3:1 Fullfillment : Matthew 3:1-3
- 40. Messiah to be the Son of God Psalm 2:2,7 Fulfilled Matthew 3:17 Luke 1:32-33
- 41. Messiah to be anointed by the Holy Spirit Isaiah 11:2 Fullfilled Matthew 3:16-17
- 42. Galilee to be the first area of Messiah’s ministry Isaiah 9:1-7 Fulfilled Matthew 4:12-16
- 43. Messiah to be meek and mild Isaiah 40:11, 42:2-3, 53:7 Fulfilled Matthew 12:18-20, 26:62-68
- 44. Messiah to minister to the Gentiles Isaiah 42:1, 49:6-8 Fullfilled Matthew 12:21Luke 2:28-32
- 45. Messiah will perform miracles Isaiah 35:5-6 Fullfilled Matthew 9:35, 11:3-6, John 9:6-7
- 46. Messiah to be a prophet like Moses Deuteronomy18:15-19 Fullfilled Matthew 21:11, 24:1-35, John 1:45, 6:14, Acts 3:20-23
- 47. Messiah to enter the temple with authority Malachi 3:1-2 Fullfilled – Matthew 21:12
- 48. Messiah will enter Jerusalem on a donkey Zechariah 9:9-10 Fullfilled Matthew 21:1-11
- 49. Messiah to be betrayed by a friend Psalm 41:9 Fullfilled John 13:18-21
- 50. Messiah to be forsaken by his disciples Zechariah 13:7 Fullfilled Matthew 26:31, 56
- 51. Messiah will be smitten (struck) Isaiah 50:6 Fullfilled Matthew 26:67, 27:26,30
- 52. Messiah to experience crucifixion (long before crucifixion was invented) Psalm 22:15-17 Fullfilled Matthew 27:34-50 John 19:28-30
- 53. Messiah will be pierced Zechariah 12:10 Fullfilled in John 19:34-37
- 54. Details of Messiah’s suffering and death and resulting salvation (hundreds of years before Christ!)
- 55. Messiah to die in 33 AD Daniel 9:24-26 33 AD is the widely accepted historical date of the crucifixion
- 56. Casting of lots for His garments Psalm 22:18 Fullfilled in John 19:23-24
- 57. Messiah to be raised from the dead Psalm 16:10 Fullfilled Acts 2:25-31, 13:32-37, 17:2-3
- 58. Messiah’s resurrection Job 19:25Psalm 16:10 Fullfilled Acts 2:30-31, 13:32-35, 17:2-3 – 1 Corinthians 15:20-22
- 59. Messiah to ascend to heaven Psalm 68:18 Fullfilled Luke 24:51 Acts 1:9 Ephesians 4:8-13
- 60. Messiah to be at the right hand of God Psalm 110:1 Matthew 26:64 Mark 14:62 Romans 8:34 Hebrews 1:3
- 61. He would be like a lamb going to the slaughter.(Isaiah 53:7; Acts 8:26-35)
- 62. He is King of the Jews (and the world).(Psalm 2:6; John 18:33,37; 19:19-22)
- 63. He would be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:4-6; John 7:42) BUT He would be from Nazareth and be called a Nazarene. (Matthew 2:23; Luke 1:26-27; John 1:45; Judges 13:5-7,24)
- 64. The exact time of His crucifixion was known (483 years from the decree to build the temple, which was around 444 B.C.E.). (Daniel 9:25; Nehemiah 2:1-8; 5:14)
- 65. He would be circumcised the eighth day according to the law of purification. (Luke 2:21-24; Leviticus 12:1-6)
- 66. He would go to Egypt and return to the land of Israel.(Hosea 11:1; Matthew 2:13-15)
- 67. Young babies would die in an attempt to kill Yeshua at His birth.(Jeremiah 31:15; Matthew 2:16-18)
- 68. The ministry of Yeshua would be in Galilee.(Isaiah 9:1-2; Matthew 4:12-16,23)
- 69. He would not seek publicity.(Isaiah 42:1-2; Matthew 12:15-19; 9:30; 8:4)
- 70. He can be trusted and would be compassionate.(Isaiah 42:3; Matthew 12:15,20-21)
- 71. No evil words would proceed from His mouth. (Isaiah 53:9; Luke 23:41; 1 Peter 2:21-22; 2 Corinthians 5:21)
- 72. His disciples would forsake Him.(Zechariah 13:7; Matthew 26:31-35,56)
- 73. There was nothing physically beautiful in Him to be desired.(Isaiah 53:2; Psalm 22:6; Mark 6:1-3; Philippians 2:7)
- 74. He would be sold for 30 pieces of silver.(Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:14-16)
- 75. He would be nailed to a tree.(Deuteronomy 21:22-23; Psalm 22:16; John 19:18; 20:25)
- 76. He would be mocked.(Psalm 22:7-8; Matthew 27:39-43)
- 77. He would be spit upon.(Isaiah 50:6; Matthew 26:67, 27:30)
- 78. Not one bone would be broken. (JESUS Died before they had to break his bones. The guards broke the other two men’s legs on the cross in order for them to die before Passover)(Psalm 34:20; John 19:33,36)
- 79. He would be pierced.(Zechariah 12:10; John 19:34,37)
- 80. He would die.(Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:50)
- 81. Others would rise from the dead with Him. (Psalm 68:18; Ephesians 4:8; Matthew 27:52-53)
- 82. He would rise the third day from the grave.(Jonah 1:17; 1 Corinthians 15:4; Luke 24:45-46; Matthew 12:40)
“When History and Prophecy Converge” By Mario Seiglie
“This was not something I expected when I bought the book What If?: The World’s Foremost Military Historians Imagine What Might Have Been, edited by Robert Cowley”
The book contains around 50 key events in world history, with renowned historians asking, What if things had turned out differently?
They conclude it would be a vastly different world. If crucial world events had turned out differently, we could easily be practicing the culture, language and religions of the great conqueror nations: Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Russia, Mongolia, Germany or Japan.
Incredibly, of the 50 key events mentioned, I found that 48 of them had to do with biblical prophecy!
In other words, God had a hand in it. That’s more than 95 percent of the world’s most crucial events according to these secular historians!”
Buddha didn’t rise from the dead, nor did Confucius or Zoroaster. Muhammad didn’t fulfill detailed prophecy. Alexander the Great didn’t raise the dead or heal the sick. And though there is far less reliable information written about these “religious” leaders, they are believed in and followed by millions.
Josephus, the 1st century historian, records,
“For Jesus appeared to them the third day alive again, as the holy prophets had predicted”
Jesus of Nazareth, who claimed to be the Christ prophesied in the Jewish Scriptures, was arrested, was judged a political criminal, and was crucified. Three days after His death and burial, some women who went to His tomb found the body gone. In subsequent weeks, His disciples claimed that God had raised Him from the dead. He appeared to them various times before ascending into heaven.
From that foundation, Christianity spread throughout the Roman Empire and has continued to spread influence down through the centuries.Here are some of the facts relevant to the resurrection:
That PROVE THE RESURRECTION
FACT #1: BROKEN ROMAN SEAL
The first obvious fact was the breaking of the seal that stood for the power and authority of the Roman Empire.
A Roman guard of strictly disciplined fighting men was stationed to guard the tomb. This guard affixed on the tomb the Roman seal, which was meant to “prevent any attempt at vandalizing the sepulcher. Anyone trying to move the stone from the tomb’s entrance would have broken the seal and thus incurred the wrath of Roman law. The consequences of breaking the seal were extremely severe.
FACT #2: EMPTY TOMB
The disciples of Christ did not go off to Athens or Rome to preach that Christ was raised from the dead. They went right back to the city of Jerusalem, where, IF WHAT THEY were teaching was false, the falsity WOULD BE EVIDENT.
The empty tomb was “too notorious to be denied.”
Paul Althaus states that the resurrection “could have not been maintained in Jerusalem for a single day, for a single hour, if the emptiness of the tomb had not been established as a fact for all concerned.”
Both Jewish and Roman sources and traditions admit an empty tomb.Those resources range from Josephus to a compilation of fifth-century Jewish writings called the “Toledoth Jeshu.”Dr. Paul Maier calls this “positive evidence from a hostile source”, which is the strongest kind of historical evidence.
In essence, this means that if a source admits a fact decidedly not in its favor, then that fact is genuine. Gamaliel, who was a member of the Jewish high court, the Sanhedrin, put forth the suggestion that the rise of the Christian movement was God’s doing; he could not have done that if the tomb were still occupied, or if the Sanhedrin knew the whereabouts of Christ’s body.
Paul Maier observes that ” . . . if all the evidence is weighed carefully and fairly, it is indeed justifiable, according to the canons of historical research, to conclude that the sepulcher of Joseph of Arimathea, in which Jesus was buried, was actually empty on the morning. No shred of evidence has yet been discovered in literary sources, epigraphy, or archaeology that would disprove this statement.“
FACT #3: LARGE STONE MOVED
On that Sunday morning the first thing that impressed the people who approached the tomb was the unusual position of the ONE AND A HALF TWO TON STONE that had been lodged in front of the doorway.ALL THE GOSPEL WRITERS MENTION IT.
Those who observed the stone after the resurrection describe its position as HAVING BEEN ROLLED UP A SLOPE away from the entrance of the tomb. Secondly they mention the stone is away from the massive sepulcher. It was in such a position that it looked as if it had been picked up and carried away. Now, I ask you, if the disciples had wanted to come in, tiptoe around the sleeping guards, and then roll the stone over and steal Jesus’ body, how could they have done that without the guards’ awareness? How could they possibly carry such a stone?
FACT #4: ROMAN GUARD GOES AWOL
The Roman guards fled. They left their place of responsibility. Roman military discipline was noted to be so exceptional. Justin, in Digest #49, mentions all the offenses that required the death penalty. One way a guard was put to death was by being stripped of his clothes and then burned alive in a fire started with his garments. With a penalty like this, there would be no way a guard would flee his duties.
FACT #5: GRAVE CLOTHES TELL A TALE
John, a disciple of Jesus, looked over to the place where the body of Jesus had been laid, and there were the grave clothes, in the form of the body, slightly caved in and empty, much like an empty caterpillar’s cocoon. It is interesting to not the clothing was undisturbed in form and position.
FACT #6: JESUS’ APPEARANCES CONFIRMED
When studying an event in history, it is important to know whether enough people who were participants or eyewitnesses to the event were alive when the facts about the event were published.
If the number of eyewitnesses is substantial, the event can he regarded as fairly well established. For instance, if we all witness a murder, and a later police report turns out to he a fabrication of lies, we as eyewitnesses can refute it.
Fact #7: Jesus’s Appearances over 500
Several very important factors arc often overlooked when considering Christ’s post-resurrection appearances to individuals.
The first is the large number of witnesses of Christ after that resurrection morning. One of the earliest records of Christ’s appearing after the resurrection is by Paul. The apostle appealed to his audience’s knowledge of the fact that Christ had been seen by more than 500 people at one time. Paul reminded them that the majority of those people were still alive and could be questioned.
Dr. Edwin M. Yamauchi, associate professor of history at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, emphasizes:
“What gives a special authority to the list (of witnesses) as historical evidence is the reference to most of the five hundred brethren being still alive. St. Paul says in effect, ‘If you do not believe me, you can ask them.’Such a statement in an admittedly genuine letter written within thirty years of the event is almost as strong evidence as one could hope to get for something that happened nearly two thousand years ago.”
Let’s take the more than 500 witnesses who saw Jesus alive after His death and burial, and place them in a courtroom. Do you realize that if each of those 500 people were to testify for only six minutes, including cross-examination, you would have an amazing 50 hours of firsthand testimony? Add to this the testimony of many other eyewitnesses and you would well have the largest and most lopsided trial in history.
Jesus appeared 12 times to different group sizes ranging from just one person to 500 people. This has to be one of the most substantial pieces of evidence for Yeshua Jesus. Nobody in history has a death that is prophesied about, then dies, and is raised from the dead. This is a remarkable piece of evidence that is unique to Christianity because it shows a supernatural side of the Messiah that defies the laws of the universe and what is humanly possible.
1. Mary Magdalene (Mark 16.9-11; John 20.11-18)
2. The other women at the tomb (Matthew 28.8-10)
3. Peter in Jerusalem (Luke 24.34; 1 Cor. 15.5)
4. The two travelers on the road (Mark 16.12,13)
5. Ten disciples behind closed doors (Mark 16.14; Luke 24.36-43; John 20.19-25)
6. All the disciples, with Thomas (excluding Judas Iscariot) (John 20.26-31; 1 Cor. 15.5)
7. Seven disciples while fishing (John 21.1-14)
8. Eleven disciples on the mountain (Matthew 28.16-20)
9. A crowd of 500 (1 Cor. 15.6)
10. Jesus’ brother James (1 Cor. 15.7)
11. Those who watched Jesus ascend to heaven (Luke 24.44-49; Acts 1.3-8)
Least of all Paul as though he was not living in the proper time (1 Cor. 15.8-9; Gal. 1.13-16; Acts 9.1-8, 22.9, read all of chapters 22 and 26; 13.30-37; 1 Cor. 15.10-20; Gal. 2.1-10).
Fact #8: The Testimony of HOSTILE WITNESSES Towards Christ
Another factor crucial to interpreting Christ’s appearances is that He also appeared to those who were hostile or unconvinced.
No author or informed individual would regard Saul of Tarsus as being a follower of Christ. The facts show the exact opposite. Saul despised Christ and persecuted Christ’s followers. It was a life-shattering experience when Christ appeared to him. Although he was at the time not a disciple, he later became the apostle Paul, one of the greatest witnesses for the truth of the resurrection.
Muslims Dreams Of Jesus
From A Muslim- “Muslims were turning to Jesus in alarming numbers. In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity,” Al Qataani warned. “Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.” Stunned, the interviewer interrupted the cleric. “Hold on! Let me clarify. Do we have six million converting from Islam to Christianity?” Al Qataani repeated his assertion. “Every year,” the cleric confirmed, adding, “a tragedy has happened.”
Joel 2:28-32 THE PROPHET JOEL TOLD US THAT……
“in the last days, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days….And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.”
(Below are numbers that may be outdated numbers now…..)
- AFGHANISTAN- In Afghanistan, for example, there were only 17 known evangelical Christians in the country before al-Qaeda attacked the United States. Today, there are well over 10,000 Afghan followers of Christ
- SUDAN- More than 1 million Sudanese have made decisions to follow Jesus Christ just since 2001. Since the early 1990s, more than 5 million Sudanese have become followers of Jesus.
- IRAN- In 1979 when the Ayatollah Khomeini led the Islamic Revolution, there were only about 500 known Muslim converts to Christianity. Today, there are well over 1 million Shia Muslim converts to Christianity.
- EGYPT-More than 1 million Egyptians have trusted Christ over the past decade or so.
- KAZAKHSTAN- In Kazakhstan, there were only three known evangelical Christian believers before the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991. Today there are more than 15,000 Kazakh Christians, and more than 100,000 Christians of all ethnicities.
- IRAQ -In Iraq, there was only a handful of Muslim converts to Christianity back in 1979 when Saddam Hussein took full control of that country. Yet today, there are more than 70,000 Iraqi Muslim background believers in Jesus
UZBEKISTAN- Now there are more than 30,000 converts to Christ there in 1990.
Links To Muslims Turning To Christ In Record Numbers
- Muslims Turning to Christ in Record Numbers; 450,000 -March 2016
- Muslim Family Says Jesus Appeared to Them With a Specific …Feb 2016
- Why Are Millions of Muslims Becoming Christian? | ncregister.com May 2016
- Millions of Muslims Converting to Christianity – Crosswalk.com
- Muslims Tired of Islamic Extremism Turning to Jesus Christ, March 2016
- Millions Of Muslims Are Giving Their Lives Over To Christ And It Is Becoming So Huge That The Muslim World Can Barely Hide It Any Longer.…Dec 2016
- ‘We are living in the midst of the greatest turning of Muslims to Christ June 2015
- Christian Ex-Muslims | Facebook
Karel Sanders, a missionary in South Africa, reported that among African Muslims,
“42 percent of the new believers come to Christ through visions, dreams, angelic appearances and hearing God’s voice.”
Supportive Evidence Below.
- Dreams Of Isa – http://isaalmasih.net/isa/dreamsofisa.html
- Filipino Muslims Report Dreams of Jesus –http://isaalmasih.net/isa/dreams-philippines.html
- Muslims Find The Real Jesus- http://net-burst.net/hot/muslim.htm
- Encounters with Jesus – Muslims tell- http://www.30-days.net/witness/tellit4.htm
- Dreams & Visions Move Muslims To Christ- http://www.intervarsity.org/ism/article/1978
- Central Asian Muslims dream Jesus http://www.intervarsity.org/ism/article/
- Revival Visions – http://www.christianword.org/revival/visions.htm
- Jesus Visions http://www.jesusvisions.org/index.shtml
YESHUA Produced Miracles
Yeshua performed miracles, He did what people can’t do. In the bible, it says Jesus did so many miracles that it would fill up books. So what that means is we only read a fraction of the miracles He did.
a) He healed people: blind, crippled, deaf, even raised a couple of people from the dead.
b) He had power over objects: on at least a couple of occasions, he created food out of thin air, enough to feed crowds of several thousand people.
c) He performed miracles over nature: walked on top of a lake, instantly stopped a raging storm for some friends.
d) Jesus changed water into wine (John 2:6-10).
e) Jesus cast out demons (Matt. 8:28-32; 15:22-28).
f) Jesus healed lepers (Matt. 8:3; Luke 17:14).
g) Jesus healed diseases (Matt. 4:23,24; Luke 6:17-19)
h) Jesus healed the paralytic (Mark 2:3-12).
i) Jesus raised the dead (Matt. 9:25; John 11:43-44).
j) Jesus restored sight to the blind (Matt. 9:27-30; John 9:1-7).
k) Jesus restored cured deafness (Mark 7:32-35).
l) Jesus fed the multitude (Matt. 14:15-21; Matt. 15:32-38).
m) Jesus walked on water (Matt. 8:26-27).
n) Jesus calmed a storm with a command (Matt. 8:22-27; Mark 4:39).
o) Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24:39; John 20:27).
p) Jesus appeared to disciples after resurrection (John 20:19). People everywhere followed Jesus, because He constantly met their needs, doing the miraculous. He said if you do not want to believe what I’m telling you, you should at least believe in me based on the miracles you’re seeing.
The Bible is Filled with LOVE and IS Morally Sound
One significant reality is that science alone can offer no law or moral standard to tell us how to live. Genocide has been perpetrated more than once in this century. Conventional, nuclear, chemical and biological weapons can annihilate entire populations.
Genuine love and kindness—the kind of Love Jesus displayed, comes with no strings attached.
Jesus taught to LOVE one another ( John 13:34-35)
Jesus said “Whatever you want others to do for you, do so for them, ” ( Matthew 7:12)
Jesus taught “But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return” Luke 6:35
Jesus came not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life a ransom for many.” ( Mark 10:43-45)
Jesus washed his disciples feet with his clothing – “If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you.” ( John 13:14-15)
Jesus says: All who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted, and whoever wishes to be great among you must become a servant.
Jesus said,Your Pray for the Enemies.
” You shall not kill”(Exodus 20:13) is One of fundamental Loves.
“just as the Father knows me and I know the Father — and I lay down my life for the sheep”. John 10:15, 17-18
“ Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.” Luke 15:4-7
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. Revelation 3:19
ECLIPSE AT THE CROSS
This was Yeshua, God’s Son dying for all humankind. GOD WAS NOT LETTING IT GO UNNOTICED!
DARKNESS covered the LAND, where as normal eclipses last a few minutes. This darkness was present for three hours.
An Earthquake, Mt 27.51 “the earth shook and the rocks split.” 27.54 “When the centurion and those with him saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified and exclaimed, ‘Surely he was the Son of God!'”
God at work is terrifying, at the resurrection the combination of earthquake and angel terrified the guards so that “they shook and became like dead men.”
The Darkness Prophesied By Amos
“I will make the sun go down at noon and darken the earth in broad daylight.
I will turn your religious festivals into mourning and all your singing into weeping.
I will make all of you wear sackcloth and shave your heads.
I will make that time like mourning for an only son and the end of it like a bitter day.” (Amos 8:9-10)
The Earthquake Sited by Non-Biblical Sources
A. The church historian Eusebius of Caesarea (264 – 340), in his Chronicle, cited a statement of the 2nd-century chronicler Phlegon of Tralles that during the fourth year of the 202nd Olympiad (AD 32/33)
“a great eclipse of the sun occurred at the sixth hour that excelled every other before it, turning the day into such darkness of night that the stars could be seen in heaven, and the earth moved in Bithynia, toppling many buildings in the city of Nicaea”.
In the same passage, Eusebius cited another unnamed Greek source also recording earthquakes in the same locations and an eclipse. Eusebius argued the two records had documented events that were simultaneous with the crucifixion of Jesus.
B. Phlegon, Olympiades, fragment 17 mentions an eclipse:
‘In the fourth year of the 202nd Olympiad, and eclipse of the Sun took place greater than any previously known, and night came on at the sixth hour of the day, so that stars actually appeared in the sky; and a great earthquake took place in Bithynia and overthrew the greater part of Niceaea.”
C. The Letter from Pontius Pilate to Tiberius claimed the darkness had started at the sixth hour, covered the whole world and, during the subsequent evening, the full moon resembled blood for the entire night. The Archko Volume, a 19th-century forgery purporting to be a collection of ancient documents concerning Jesus, contains a report by Pontius Pilate about the crucifixion events
D. The Gospel of Peter contained another extra-biblical reference to the darkness, stating that the darkness began at midday, covered the whole of Judaea, and led people to go about with lamps believing it to be night.
E. Other apocryphal works contain briefer accounts of the crucifixion darkness. The Gospel of Bartholomew stated darkness had accompanied the crucifixion of Christ.
F. In a letter written under the name Dionysius the Areopagite , the author claims to have observed a solar eclipse from Heliopolis, Egypt at the time of the crucifixion.
G. Thomas Aquinas (1224-1274) had a version of the Cosmological Argument called the Argument from Motion. He stated that things in motion could not have brought themselves into motion, but must be caused to move. There cannot be an infinite regression of movers. Therefore, there must be an Unmoved Mover. This Unmoved Mover is God.
H. Julius Africanus, writing around 221 AD found a reference in the writings of Thallus, who wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean around 52 AD, which dealt with the darkness that covered the land during Jesus’s crucifixion
I. Phlegon, another first Century historian, is mentioned by Origen in “Contra Celsum”: Philopon says:
“And about this darkness . . . Phlegon recalls it in the “Olympiads” (the title of his history).” He says that “Phlegon mentioned the eclipse which took place during the crucifixion of the Lord Christ, and no other (eclipse), it is clear that he did not know from his sources about any (similar) eclipse in previous times . . . and this is shown by the historical account of Tiberius Caesar itself.”
J. Julius Africanus also mentioned Phlegon. His “Chronicles” have been lost, but a small fragment of that work confirms the darkness upon the earth at the crucifixion. After his (Africanus) remarks about Thallus’ unreasonable opinion of the darkness, he quotes Phlegon that
“during the time of Tiberius Caesar an eclipse of the Sun occurred during the full Moon.”
K. Tertullian, in his Apologeticus, provided a brief description of the darkness that had commenced at noon during the crucifixion. He also indicated that those who were unaware of the prediction for the noontide onset of darkness had called it an eclipse.
L. Gospel of Nicodemus, known as the Acts of Pilate, Christ’s Descent into Hell, and The Paradosis, refer to a variety of physical phenomena accompanying the crucifixion and the subsequent executive responses by Caesar. According to Chapter XI of the Acts of Pilate, the darkness had started at midday; lasted three hours, and had been caused by the darkening of the Sun. It also stated Pilate and his wife were disturbed by a report of what had happened. The Judeans he had summoned said it was an ordinary solar eclipse. The Christ’s Descent into Hell described the many dead men who had arisen and had appeared to many in Jerusalem shortly after the resurrection of Christ. And, the Paradosis presented the interrogations in Rome by Caesar and his subsequent decree of severe punishment against both Pilate and the Judeans for causing the darkness and earthquake that had fallen upon the whole world.
Total Eclipse Prophecies
A prophecy recorded by Amos predicted a cloudless day solar darkening that would commence at noon. It had been recorded during the reign of King Uzziah of Judah, several centuries before Yeshua Jesus. It has been interpreted as a prophecy for the crucifixion darkness:
And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day (Amos 8:9)
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come (Joel 2:31)
An Impossible Eclipse
Two different early non-Christian Roman historians, Thallus (1st or 2nd century AD) and Phlegon of Tralles (2nd century AD) both appear to have mentioned the Darkness. In addition, Tertullian claims that the Darkness was noted in the official Roman annals.
Thallus, a Samaritan historian, wrote ca. 52 A.D. Mara Bar-Seraphon wrote a letter to his son in 73 A.D. which tells of the deaths of Socrates, Pythagoras, and of Jesus. Thallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away this darkness as an eclipse of the Sun’– unreasonably, as it seems to me” and he explains
“…unreasonably, of course, because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full Moon, and it was at the season of the Paschal full Moon that Christ died.”
The 3rd-century Christian historian Sextus Julius Africanus, in a section of his work surviving in quotation by George Syncellus, stated that the chronicler Thallus had called the darkness during the crucifixion a solar eclipse.Africanus objected based on the fact that a solar eclipse could not occur during Passover; the earth was between the sun and the moon during that holiday.
Sextus Julius Africanus (c.160 – c.240) was a Christian traveller and historian of the late 2nd and early 3rd century AD. He is important chiefly because of his influence on Eusebius, on all the later writers of Church history among the Fathers, and on the whole Greek school of chroniclers. Africanus quotes the writings of Tallus, who was a first century non-Christian historian. In his Chronicles, Africanus quoting the historian Tallus, explains the reason for it being so dark during the day time on the day of crucifixion of Jesus Christ:
“An eclipse of the sun’unreasonably, as it seems to me (unreasonably of course, because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Paschal full moon that Christ died.” Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.
George Greenstein (astronomer):
“As we survey all the evidence, the thought insistently arises that some supernatural agency – or, rather, Agency – must be involved. Is it possible that suddenly, without intending to, we have stumbled upon scientific proof of the existence of a Supreme Being? Was it God who stepped in and so providentially crafted the cosmos for our benefit?” Greenstein, G. 1988. The Symbiotic Universe. New York: William Morrow, p.27.
Edward Milne (British cosmologist):
“As to the cause of the Universe, in context of expansion, that is left for the reader to insert, but our picture is incomplete without Him [God].” Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 166-167.
Barry Parker (cosmologist):
“Who created these laws? There is no question but that a God will always be needed.” Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 223.
Ed Harrison (cosmologist):
“Here is the cosmological proof of the existence of God – the design argument of Paley – updated and refurbished. The fine tuning of the universe provides prima facie evidence of deistic design. Take your choice: blind chance that requires multitudes of universes or design that requires only one…. Many scientists, when they admit their views, incline toward the teleological or design argument.” Harrison, E. 1985. Masks of the Universe. New York, Collier Books, Macmillan, pp. 252, 263.
the TORN Temple Curtain
There is no doubt who Yeshua was. He was the God who came down and paid for humanities sins. One of the clearest indications of His divinity was the tearing of the curtain that separated the Holy Of Holies, the sanctuary where God dwelt in the temple.
There was absolutely no way that this was an accident or a coincident . The curtain hung at 60 feet in height, 30 feet in width and 4 inches thick.
“And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. And behold, the veil of the Temple was torn in two from top to bottom…” (Matthew 27:50)
The tearing of the Temple curtain was a statement that the sacrifices performed by the High Priest were no longer necessary, since Christ (the ultimate Passover Lamb) died for the sins of the world.
The curtain really symbolized the great separation that existed between man and a God. Whoever entered into the Holy of Holies was entering the very presence of God. In fact, anyone except the high priest who entered the Holy of Holies would die.
The size and thickness of the veil makes so much more momentous the events described as occurring at the exact moment of Yeshua’s death upon a cross nearly 2000 years ago.
Furthermore, it was torn from top down, meaning this act must have come from above.
Josephus documents that the veil was four inches thick, and that horses tied to each side could not pull the veil apart.
There is extra-NON biblical evidence for the Torn Curtain.
1. Roman historian Tacitus (Hist. V. 13),
2. Jewish historian Josephus (Wars of the Jews VI, 5, 3)
3. Jewish Talmud (Jer. Yoma 43c; Yoma 39b) all make reference to some “great catastrophe, betokening the impending destruction of the Temple, (that) had occurred in the Sanctuary about this very time.”
Unique Claims Of Yeshua
Why Yeshua Jesus?
1. He claimed to be Yahweh (The God of the Old Testament)(John 8:58, Exodus 3:14)
John 1:1-2 states, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.”
“I tell you the truth, . . . before Abraham was born, I AM!”John 8:58
In this verse Jesus was referring His listeners back to Exodus 3:13,14, where God revealed His name to Moses saying,
“I AM WHO I AM…This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM [Yahweh in Hebrew] has sent me to you.'”
There are many more references to His claim that He is God (Mt 11:27, Mk 14:61-64, etc.).
2. He claimed to be the Messiah (Mark 14:61-64)
3. He claimed equality with God (John 5:18)
4. He claimed to have equal authority with God (Matthew 28:18),
5. He accepted worship (Matthew 28:17), and that he commanded us to pray in his name (John 14:13-14)
6. He claimed to have the authority to forgave sins (Mark 2:5; Luke 5:20; 7:48). Jesus’ Jewish audience was well aware that such actions were reserved only for Yahweh. Jesus’ actions in Luke 7 drew a similar reaction (Luke 7:48–50).
7. He claimed He rose from the dead (Luke 24:24-29; John 2:19f).
8. Jesus said that He was the ONLY way to heaven. (John 14:6)
9. Jesus is both God and man. He is fully God and fully man (Col. 2:9). He was in the form of God, emptied Himself, and became a man (Phil. 2:5-8). As the God man, He is the mediator (1 Tim. 2:5).
10. Jesus was not created (John 1:1-3), but is the creator of all things (Col. 1:16-17), Hebrews 1:2
11. Christ Existed Before Everything, (John 3:13; 6:33, 38, 62; 8:23; 16:28) Christ even said that He existed prior to Abraham’s birth (John 8:58–59) even though Abraham’s birth preceded Jesus’ own birth by many centuries! Several texts present Jesus as pre-existing with His Father (Romans 8:3; 1 John 1:2; Galatians 4:4).
Jesus said, “And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began” (John 17:5)
- The apostle Paul refers to the divinity of Christ when he calls Jesus our “great God and Savior” (Titus 2:13) and even says that Jesus existed in the “form of God” prior to His incarnation (Philippians 2:5-8).
- Jesus is directly referred to as the Creator Himself (John 1:3; Colossians 1:16-17). Other biblical passages teach Christ’s deity (Revelation 1:7; 2:8; 1 Corinthians 10:4; 1 Peter 5:4).
12. Jesus implied that He had authority over the Sabbath (Mark 2:28) as well as the authority to abolish the Law (Ephesians 2:14–15). Such behavior is sheer blasphemy coming from anyone short of a divine (and therefore pre-existent) Person.
13. Jesus claimed to be the Son Of God
In Mark 14, Jesus stands accused at His trial before the High Priest. “Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven” (Mark 14:61-62). Here, Jesus is referring to the Old Testament book of Daniel where the prophet Daniel states,
“I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed” (Daniel 7:13-14).
The High Priest, who immediately recognized Jesus’ claim to divinity, tore his robe and declared Jesus guilty of blasphemy.
Read this article –26 Points Show How You Can Prove The Divinity Of Jesus And The Holy Spirit
DIVINE ATTRIBUTES Of JESUS
A. Holiness-to be set apart from the rest (Heb 7:26; Jn 8:46; 2Co 5:21)
B. Eternal (Isa 9:6; Mic 5:2; Jn 1:1-2; Col 1:17)
C. Omnipotence-all powerful (Mt 28:18; Heb 1:3; Mt 11:27)
D. Omniscience-all knowing (Jn 16:30; Mt 9:4; Col 2:3)
E. Omnipresence-all present (Jn 1:18; 3:13; Mt 28:20; Eph 1:23)
F. Immutability-not changing (Heb 1:11-12; 13:8)
G. Ability to create (Col 1:16-17; Jn 1:3; 1Co 8:6)
H. Ability to forgive sins (Mk 2:5-10; Lk 24:47; Jn 1:29)
I. Right to be worshiped (Mt 8:2; Php 2:10)
Only Christianity teaches that people will never earn heaven or deserve a right relationship with God. Man is a sinner, no matter how hard he tries, he cannot save himself (Rom. 3:23). There is no other God (other than Yeshua) who has died for you!
Yeshua Was A Historical Person
History documents that this man was not a myth but a real person. Much of these accounts are passages that indicate that Christianity was wide spread in the Roman empire within 30 years of Christ’s death. Again, these are eyewitness accounts, not historians looking back years later.
Picture credit- 1st, Cornelius Tacitus, Second & Third- Flavius Josephus
Cornelius Tacitus (55-120 AD), “the greatest historian” of ancient Rome. Tacitus held several positions in the Roman government, including that of proconsul, or governor, of the provinces in Asia. One of the crowning achievements of his work is Annals, a 16 volume history of the Julian emperors from Tiberius to Nero, written between 115 and 117 A.D. In this work, Tacitus wrote about persistent reports of Jesus’ resurrection.
Tacitus a first-century Roman historian says: “Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures of a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered an extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their center and become popular.” (Annals 15:44).   Quoted by Geisler, 381.  Quoted by Geisler, 381. 
When using the words “a most mischievous superstition,” Tacitus was referring to the belief in Jesus’ resurrection. This belief spread throughout the empire. When Roman officials heard of it, they considered it a superstition. However, those who were eyewitnesses called it a miracle.
Flavius Josephus (37-97 AD), court historian for Emperor Vespasian:
“At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them three days after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders.” (Arabic translation)
“Now some of the Jews thought that the destruction of Herod’s army came from God, and that very justly, as a punishment of what he did against John, that was called the Baptist: for Herod slew him, who was a good man, and commanded the Jews to exercise virtue, both as to righteousness towards one another, and piety towards God, and so to come to baptism; for that the washing [with water] would be acceptable to him, if they made use of it, not in order to the putting away [or the remission] of some sins [only], but for the purification of the body; supposing still that the soul was thoroughly purified beforehand by righteousness.”
Flavius Josephus Mentions Jesus in Antiquities, Book 18, ch. 3, par. 3 Josephus 3.
“Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man. For he was a doer of wonderful works—a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was (the) Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named form him, are not extinct at this day.”   William Whiston, translator, The Works of Josephus (Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 2003), 480. 
Flavius Josephus mentions James, the brother of Jesus – Antiquities, Book 20, ch. 19.
“Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned: but as for those who seemed the most equitable of the citizens, and such as were the most uneasy at the breach of the laws, they disliked what was done.”4. Julius Africanus, writing around 221 AD
Flavius Josephus (AD 37?-101?) mentions Ananias the High Priest who was mentioned in Acts 23:2
Now as soon as Albinus was come to the city of Jerusalem, he used all his endeavors and care that the country might be kept in peace, and this by destroying many of the Sicarii. But as for the high priest, Ananias (25) he increased in glory every day, and this to a great degree, and had obtained the favor and esteem of the citizens in a signal manner; for he was a great hoarder up of money
Acts 23:2, “And the high priest Ananias commanded those standing beside him to strike him [Paul] on the mouth.”
Picture Credits First & Second Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus, Third-The Talmud
Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus, chief secretary of Emperor Hadrian (117-138 AD)
Roman Emperor Claudius reigned 41 to 54 AD. Suetonius reports his dealings with the eastern Roman Empire, that is, with Greece and Macedonia, and with the Lycians, Rhodians, and Trojans.
In Claudius 25 Suetonius refers to the expulsion of Jews by Claudius and states (in Edwards’ translation):
“Since the Jews constantly made disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from Rome.”
The observation made by Suetonius is in total agreement with the writings of the New Testament. Luke records that at that time, Aquila and his wife Priscilla were forced to leave Rome.
…a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome). (Acts 18:2)
As it is highly unlikely that another person whose name was called Jesus “Chrestus”, and called him a “troublemaker”, the overwhelming majority of scholars conclude that the passage is talking about Yeshua Jesus the Messiah.
The Jewish Talmud, compiled between 70 and 200 AD:
The Jewish Babylonian Talmud (compiled between 70 and 200 AD) in Sanhedrin 43a states: “On the eve of Passover Yeshu was hanged. For forty days before the execution took place, a herald went forth and cried, ‘He is going forth to be stoned because he has practiced sorcery and enticed Israel to apostasy. Any one who can say anything in his favour, let him come forward and plead on his behalf.’ But since nothing was brought forward in his favour he was hanged on the ever of the Passover!”   Geisler, 383. 
Picture Credit First, Lucian, Second, Mara Bar-Serapion,
Lucian, a second century Greek satirist
“The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day—the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account… You see, these misguided creatures start with the general conviction that they are immortal for all time, which explains the contempt of death and voluntary self-devotion which are so common among them; and then it was impressed on them by their original lawgiver that they are converted, and deny the gods of Greece, and worship the crucified sage, and live after his laws. All this they take quite on faith, with the result that they despise all worldly goods alike, regarding them merely as common property.” (Death of Pelegrine, 11-13). Geisler, 383.
Mara Bar-Serapion, of Syria, writing between 70 and 200 AD
The beginning of the letter makes it clear that it is written to the author’s son: “Mara, son of Serapion, to my son Serapion, greetings.” The letter was composed sometime between 73 AD and the 3rd century. The key passage is as follows:
What else can we say, when the wise are forcibly dragged off by tyrants, their wisdom is captured by insults, and their minds are oppressed and without defense? What advantage did the Athenians gain from murdering Socrates? Famine and plague came upon them as a punishment for their crime. What advantage did the men of Samos gain from burning Pythagoras? In a moment their land was covered with sand. What advantage did the Jews gain from executing their wise king? It was just after that their kingdom was abolished. God justly avenged these three wise men: the Athenians died of hunger; the Samians were overwhelmed by the sea and the Jews, desolate and driven from their own kingdom, live in complete dispersion. But Socrates is not dead, because of Plato; neither is Pythagoras, because of the statue of Juno; nor is the wise king, because of the “new law” he laid down.
Note that Jesus is nowhere mentioned by name, nor even by his usual title, Christ.
There are (at least) six things that Mara bar Serapion tells us about this wise king:
- He was Jewish (since he was their wise king).
- He was wise.
- He was a king.
- He enacted new laws (or was a teacher).
- He was killed by the Jews.
- The Jewish kingdom fell because of his death.
Wisdom scriptures, Matthew 13: 54, Mark 6.2, Proverbs 9: 1-6, 1 Corinthians 1:24, 3, Colossians 2:3
Jesus’s Kingship scriptures:
- Luke 23.2: The Jewish leaders accuse Jesus of claiming to be king.
- Matthew 27.11 = Mark 15.2 = Luke 23.3 (John 18.33, 37): Pilate asks Jesus if he is the king of the Jews.
- Mark 15.9, 12 (John 18.39): Pilate asks if the crowd wishes to release the king of the Jews.
- John 19.12-15: Pilate presents Jesus to the crowd as their king.
- Matthew 27.29 = Mark 15.18 (John 19.3): The soldiers mock Jesus by hailing him as the king of the Jews.
- Matthew 27.37 = Mark 15.26 = Luke 23.38 (John 19.19, 21): The titulus on the cross calls Jesus the king of the Jews.
- Matthew 27.42 = Mark 15.32 = Luke 23.37: Passersby taunt Jesus as the king of Israel (Matthew and Mark) or the Jews (Luke).
The Gospel of Truth, Valentius, around 135-160 AD
Valentinus- “For when they had seen him and heard him, he granted them to taste him and to smell him and to touch the beloved Son. When he had appeared instructing them about the Father… For he came by means of fleshly appearance.” (The Gospel of Truth 30:27-33; 31:4- 6)
“Jesus was patient in accepting sufferings… since he knows that his death is life for many… he was nailed to a tree; he published the edict of the Father on the cross… He draws himself down to death through life… Having stripped himself of the perishable rags, he put on imperishably, which no one can possibly take away from him” (The Gospel of Truth 20:11-14, 25-34).  Both quotes from Geisler, 384. 
Phlegon of Tralles, a Greek freedman of the Roman emperor Hadrian who was born about 80 AD. Two books are credited to him: Chronicles and Olympiads.
His quote on the eclipse:
“Eclipses of the sun also take place which are portentous and unusually long, such as occurred when Cæsar the Dictator was slain, and in the war against Antony, the sun remained dim for almost a whole year”
(This event was also recorded by Plutarch, Tibullus, and Suetonius, so it seems likely this account is based on some real phenomenon. It was obviously not an actual solar eclipse, but rather some meteorological phenomenon)
The following quote was recorded by Origen as well as Phlegon:
“Now Phlegon, in the thirteenth or fourteenth book, I think, of his Chronicles, not only ascribed to Jesus a knowledge of future events . . . but also testified that the result corresponded to His predictions”.
Here’s another one:
“Phlegon mentioned the eclipse which took place during the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus and no other; it is clear that he did not know from his sources about any eclipse in previous times . . . and this is shown by the historical account of Tiberius Caesar” (De. opif. mund. II21).
And yet another by Origen in Against Celsus:
“And with regard to the eclipse in the time of Tiberius Caesar, in whose reign Jesus appears to have been crucified, and the great earthquakes which then took place . . . ” (Book 2.33).
Comments On Phlegon’s work as reported by Origen (185-254 AD):
“Phlegon records that, in the time of Tiberius Cæsar, at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth hour to the ninth – manifestly that one of which we speak. But what has an eclipse in common with an earthquake, the rending rocks, and the resurrection of the dead, and so great a perturbation throughout the universe? . . . And calculation makes out that the period of 70 weeks, as noted in Daniel, is completed at this time.” – Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.1
“In the fourth year, however, of Olympiad 202, an eclipse of the sun happened, greater and more excellent than any that had happened before it; at the sixth hour, day turned into dark night, so that the stars were seen in the sky, and an earthquake in Bithynia toppled many buildings of the city of Nicaea.” – Phlegon’s 13th book quoted in Jerome’s translation of Eusebius’ Chronicle, 202 Olympiad.
Justin Martyr was a second century philosopher and theologian whose parents were pagans. However, after a study of the Old and New Testaments, Martyr converted to Christianity. He was ultimately executed during the reign of Emperor Marcus Aurelius because he refused to offer sacrifices to the pagan gods.
Justin Martyr, to Emperor Antoninus Pius about 150 AD
Justin Martyr wrote to the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, arguing against the persecution of individuals solely for being Christian. Justin provides the Emperor with a defense of the philosophy of Christianity.
One of Justin’s most important themes involves his description of the logos, a philosophical concept of order of reason and knowledge. Throughout the first letter, Justin argues that Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the Logos, which leads him to the proof that any individual who has spoken with reason, even those who lived before Christ, connected with the logos in the form of Christ, and is thus, in fact, a Christian
Martyr wrote about 150 A.D. In one of his writings, he explained that the events of Christ’s crucifixion could be validated by the report of Pontius Pilate.
And the expression, “they pierced my hands and my feet” was used in reference to the nails of the cross which were fixed in His hands and feet. And after he was crucified, they cast lots upon His vesture, and they that crucified Him parted it among them. And that these things did happen you can ascertain in the “Acts of Pontius Pilate.” (First Apology XXXV)
Although the “Acts of Pontius Pilate” no longer exist, it was also referred to by Tertullian—giving it his tacit acknowledgement as an official Roman document.
Pictures Above – Pontius Pilate
Pictures Above Tiberius Caesar
Pontius Pilate to Tiberius Caesar
“TO TIBERIUS CAESAR:A young man appeared in Galilee preaching with humble unction, a new law in the Name of the God that had sent Him. At first I was apprehensive that His design was to stir up the people against the Romans, but my fears were soon dispelled. Jesus of Nazareth spoke rather as a friend of the Romans than of the Jews.
One day I observed in the midst of a group of people a young man who was leaning against a tree, calmly addressing the multitude. I was told it was Jesus. This I could easily have suspected so great was the difference between Him and those who were listening to Him.
His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age. Never have I seen a sweeter or more serene countenance. What a contrast between Him and His bearers with their black beards and tawny complexions!
Unwilling to interrupt Him by my presence, I continued my walk but signified to my secretary to join the group and listen. Later, my secretary reported that never had he seen in the works of all the philosophers anything that compared to the teachings of Jesus. He told me that Jesus was neither seditious nor rebellious, so we extended to Him our protection.
He was at liberty to act, to speak, to assemble and to address the people. This unlimited freedom provoked the Jews — not the poor but the rich and powerful.
Later, I wrote to Jesus requesting an interview with Him at the Praetorium. He came. When the Nazarene made His appearance I was having my morning walk and as I faced Him my feet seemed fastened with an iron hand to the marble pavement and I trembled in every limb as a guilty culprit, though he was calm. For some time I stood admiring this extraordinary Man. There was nothing in Him that was repelling, nor in His character, yet I felt awed in His presence.
I told Him that there was a magnetic simplicity about Him and His personality that elevated Him far above the philosophers and teachers of His day.
Now, Noble Sovereign, these are the facts concerning Jesus of Nazareth and I have taken the time to write you in detail concerning these matters. I say that such a man who could convert water into wine, change death into life, disease into health; calm the stormy seas, is not guilty of any criminal offense and as others have said, we must agree — truly this is the Son of God. Your most obedient servant, Pontius Pilate”
Would Anyone Die For A Lie?
Martyrs For Jesus
Would they die a Terrible Death for a Lie?
Look at what the apostles suffered and yet never denied their faith:
1. Matthew suffered martyrdom in Ethiopia, killed by a sword wound.
2. Mark died in Alexandria, Egypt, after being dragged by horses through the streets until dead.
3. Luke was hanged in Greece as a result of his tremendous preaching to the lost
4. John faced martyrdom when he was boiled in a huge basin of boiling oil during a wave of persecution in Rome. However, he was miraculously delivered from death. John was then sentenced to the mines on the prison island of Patmos. He wrote his prophetic Book of Revelation on Patmos. The apostle John was later freed and returned to serve as Bishop of Edessa in modern Turkey. He died as an old man, the only apostle to die peacefully.
5. Peter was crucified upside down on an x-shaped cross, according to church tradition because he told his tormentors that he felt unworthy to die in the same way that Jesus Christ had died. The tradition of the early Church recorded that as Peter was being led to his crucifixion he was heard to say, “None but Christ, none but Christ.”
6. James the Just, the leader of the church in Jerusalem, was thrown over a hundred feet down from the southeast pinnacle of the Temple when he refused to deny his faith in Christ. When they discovered that he survived the fall, his enemies beat James to death with a fuller’s club. This was the same pinnacle where Satan had taken Jesus during the Temptation.
7. James the Greater, James was ultimately beheaded at Jerusalem. The Roman officer who guarded James watched amazed as James defended his faith at his trial. Later, the officer walked beside James to the place of execution. Overcome by conviction, he declared his new faith to the judge and knelt beside James to accept beheading as a Christian.
8. Bartholomew, also known as Nathanael, was a missionary to Asia, in present day Turkey. Bartholomew was martyred for his preaching in Armenia when he was flayed to death by a whip.
9. Andrew was crucified on an x-shaped cross in Patras, Greece. After being whipped severely by seven soldiers they tied his body to the cross with cords to prolong his agony. His followers reported that, when he was led toward the cross, Andrew saluted it in these words: “I have long desired and expected this happy hour. The cross has been consecrated by the body of Christ hanging on it.” He continued to preach to his tormentors for two days until he expired.
10. The apostle Thomas was stabbed with a spear in India during one of his missionary trips to establish the church in the sub-continent.
11. Jude, the brother of Jesus, was killed with arrows when he refused to deny his faith in Christ.
12. Matthias, the apostle chosen to replace the traitor Judas Iscariot, was stoned and then beheaded.
13. Barnabas, one of the group of seventy disciples, wrote the Epistle of Barnabas. He preached throughout Italy and Cyprus. Barnabas was stoned to death at Salonica.
14. The apostle Paul was tortured and then beheaded by the Emperor Nero at Rome in A.D. 67. Paul endured a lengthy imprisonment which allowed him to write his many epistles to the churches he had formed throughout the Roman Empire.
Would you face torture and death like that for something that you knew was a lie? The blood spilled by the apostles stands as powerful evidence for the Christian faith.
Mathematics In The Bible
Documented Over 43,000 Pages Of Math Found In The Bible
In 1890 he discovered some phenomenal mathematical designs underlying both the Greek text of the New Testament and the Hebrew text of the Old Testament. He was to devote 50 years of his life painstakingly exploring the numerical structure of the scriptures, generating over 43,000 detailed, hand-penned pages of analysis.
Ivan Panin discovered that everything in God’s creation: animal, vegetable, or mineral, has a unique mathematical signature.
Until his death in 1942, Ivan Panin labored continuously on the discovery of numerical patterns throughout the Hebrew language of the Old Testament and the Greek language of the New Testament, often to the detriment of his health. In 1899 Panin sent a letter to the New York Sun challenging his audience to disprove his thesis that the numerical structure of scripture showed its divine origin. Based on his edition of the Greek text, Panin translated the New Testament into English,The New Testament from the Greek as Established by Bible Numerics (New Haven, CT, 1914). This was followed in 1935 by a “Second Edition, Revised”.
The Inspiration of the Scriptures Scientifically Demonstrated PDF: http://goo.gl/zF9FBFB.
Faulstich used a computer program to calculate many timing cycles, including precise moon phases, vernal equinoxes, Sabbath and Jubilee years, Faulstich calculated exact astronomical-based dates for 13 key Biblical events. Faulstich claims that he and his colleagues have achieved “A new scientific breakthrough in religious studies,” and that his group’s work “Shows that the chronology in the Bible is scientifically provable through the exact science of astrophysics. This has the potential to ‘prove’ that G-d exists, and that the One G-d of the universe is the One G-d of the Bible.” Total probability = 10-130
Bible Chronology and the Scientific Method, (Affiliate Link)-“All biblical dates are dependent upon the position of the sun and the moon. But in addition, some dates include the day of the week. As a result of our knowledge about astronomy, and our access to computers, we can determine the accuracy of the biblical dates“
Alexander Polyakov (Soviet mathematician): “We know that nature is described by the best of all possible mathematics because God created it.” Gannes, S. October 13, 1986. Fortune. p. 57
Roger Penrose (mathematician and author): “I would say the universe has a purpose. It’s not there just somehow by chance.” Penrose, R. 1992. A Brief History of Time (movie). Burbank, CA, Paramount Pictures, Inc.
Isaac Newton 1642-1747 British Physicist and Mathematician “Worshiping God and the Lamb in the temple:God, for his benefaction in creating all things, and the lamb, for his benefaction in redeeming us with his blood”
Blaise Pascal 1623-1662- French Mathematician and Physicist– Invented the worlds first working computer, vacuum cleaner and public transportation system and Outspoken CHRISTIAN “…..your gain is so certain and your risk so negligible, that in the end you will realize that you have wagered on something certain and infinite for which you have paid nothing”
Frank Tipler (Professor of Mathematical Physics): “When I began my career as a cosmologist some twenty years ago, I was a convinced atheist. I never in my wildest dreams imagined that one day I would be writing a book purporting to show that the central claims of Judeo-Christian theology are in fact true, that these claims are straightforward deductions of the laws of physics as we now understand them. I have been forced into these conclusions by the inexorable logic of my own special branch of physics.” Note: Tipler since has actually converted to Christianity, hence his latest book, The Physics Of Christianity. Tipler, F.J. 1994. The Physics Of Immortality. New York, Doubleday, Preface.
THOUSANDS Of Bible Codes Reveal Yahweh
The bible codes are one supreme example of evidence God has given us in the last days because he knew at this time there would be even greater skepticism. Take it or leave the bible code evidence, the Bible codes are one of the new evidences for the Bible’s accuracy.
In the Torah (Old Testament) every 666th letter spells out the phrase “Satan the accuser”. This happens exactly 7 times. Isn’t that interesting?- Grant Jeffrey
In Genesis 1:17, the scriptures talk about God creating light. Yacov Rambsel, a Messianic Jewish Pastor ( The Genesis Factor) found in the bible codes beneath this scripture, that every 94th character spells out the following phrase: “Lighthouse speed conceived”. Also, in that same area of text, the Bible Codes reveal: “186,282”, which is the exact speed of light per second. bibleprobe.com/
In the book -Statstical Science in 1994 by Witztum, Rips, and Rosenberg, the authors show that the 78,064 Hebrew letters of the Book of Genesis, can be searched by a computer for specific words spelled out by ELS codes.They set out to see if they could find the names of 32 famous rabbis in Genesis. Not only did they find ELS codes that spelled out all 32 rabbis, but near their names were coded their birth dates or death dates, or sometimes both. How could any author have known these details 2000 years before these men lived? The odds are said to be one in ten million!- Grant Jeffrey
CRITICISMS OF THE BIBLE CODES
Criticisms of the bible codes, taken from -Reasons to Believe Kenneth Samples
- A- They can be a distraction from the central teaching of the Bible. The message of the Bible centers on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- B-The Bible Codes make the Bible into a secret mystery document that contains esoteric truths which the bible is not. Salvation is very easy to attain, as it is not by our own works, but receiving the gift of Christ into our lives.
- C- Some skeptics claim that bible codes are not special, as they have found codes in 2 other books, such as Moby Dick and War and Peace.
- D- The Bible Codes contains some predictions that have not come to pass (Dt 18:20-21). It is therefore disqualified as divine prophecy.
I agree with all those opinions. Should we throw out the bible codes? No.
Here is the DIFFERENCES with the Bible Codes:
1. The Bible has THOUSANDS of codes, not just a few dozen. Moby Dick has a total of 10 or more codes total. The bible codes also have found the names and dates that correspond with happenings in our time.
2. The BIBLE Codes often have codes that can be found in an area of the text that seems to correspond perfectly.
Bible Code Findings – “Holocaust”
The Term “Holocaust” is found in Genesis 8, Deuteronomy 8-10 and Deuteronomy 30-33.
The following words were found in the Deuteronomy cluster:
- “Make Secret the Anger of the Living
- Terminate Anti-Semitism”
- “Where? Here. There is a Swastika for Your Friend So You Can Calm Down”
- Horrible shower
- Mein Kampf.
Found Here: biblecodedigest.com
(ELS in the Genesis Cluster “They Slept and You Raised Him. And the Nazi and Enemy Barked at the Tabernacle”, Hitler, Himmler, Eichmann, Auschwitz, Nazi, Germany, evil man, Zyklon B)
In the Deuteronomy 30-33 passage, which describes Moses’ farewell to the chosen people as they are about to wind up a 40-year trek through the wilderness.
“For I know that after my death you will . . . turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; AND EVIL WILL BEFALL YOU IN THE LATTER DAYS.” (Deuteronomy 31:29)
“They shall be wasted with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction . . . the sword outside, and terror inside, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also along with the man with gray hairs.” (Deuteronomy 32:24-25)
Found – biblecodedigest.com/
Bible Code Findings – “The Torah”
A really interesting ELS find was when skipping the first 50 words and then another 50 words, the word ‘Torah‘ -was spelt out at the beginning of the Book of Genesis
- Additionally, it is also spelled out at the beginning of the Second Book of Exodus (50 words and then another 50 words)
- At the beginning of the Third Book of Numbers (50 words and then another 50 words)
- At the beginning of the Forth Book of Deuteronomy (50 words and then another 50 words)
– Rabbi H.M.D Found this stunning bible code in Prague in August 1994. They published a paper called “Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Book of Genesis” in one of the most prominent scientific mathematics journals in the world, the American mathematics journal Statistical Science.
My Favorite Bible Code Sites
A Just Right Universe By Design
The latest astronomical discoveries about the universe testifies to the necessity of a divine designer.
Take for consideration that If earth were even a few hundred miles closer or further away from the sun, it would not be capable of supporting much of the life it currently does. If the elements in our atmosphere were even a few percentage points different, every living thing on earth would die.
Robert Jastrow, a former NASA director, comments:
“A sound explanation may exist for the explosive birth of our Universe; but if it does, science cannot find out what the explanation is. The scientist’s pursuit of the past ends in the moment of creation”
Arno Penzias (Nobel prize in physics):
“Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe which was created out of nothing, one with the very delicate balance needed to provide exactly the conditions required to permit life, and one which has an underlying (one might say ‘supernatural’) plan.” Margenau, H and R.A. Varghese, ed. 1992. Cosmos, Bios, and Theos. La Salle, IL, Open Court, p. 83
To achieve the precise rate and timing of the cosmic slowing down and speeding up, the below characteristics of the universe must be fixed with exacting precision. (The constants of the laws of physics have been finely tuned to a degree NOT possible through human engineering.)
1. The Mass Density cannot vary by more than 10-60 (1 IN 10 to the 60th Power)
2. The Space Energy density cannot vary by more than One part in 10 120 (1 IN -10 to the 120th power)
(that’s 120 zeroes behind the 1)
3. Ratio of Electrons:Protons Cannot Vary more than 1:1037 (1 IN 10 to the 37th Power)
4. Ratio of Electromagnetic Cannot Vary more than 1:1040 (1 IN 10 to the 40th Power)
5. Force: Gravity Protons Cannot Vary more than 1:1040 (1 IN 10 to the 40th Power)
6. Expansion Rate of Universe Protons Cannot Vary more than 1:1055 (1 IN 10 to the 55th Power)
7. Mass of Universe Protons Cannot Vary more than 1:1059 (1 IN 10 to the 59th Power)
8. Cosmological Constant Protons Cannot Vary more than 1:10120 (1 IN 10 to the 120th Power)
Taken from – godandscience.org
Dr. Hugh Ross, – Canadian astrophysicist, Christian apologist, and old earth creationist.
“Advances in deep space astronomy and other technologies during the 1990’s have shown that the Bible and science are correlated with each other. In addition, the sequence of events in the Genesis creation account is correlated with astrophysical models and geological and fossil evidence that describe the formation of the earth and its inhabitants from the perspective of Genesis that is the earth’s surface.” (See The Genesis Question by Dr. Hugh Ross, Navpress, 1998)
Robert Jastrow :(American astronomer and planetary physicist)
“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” Jastrow, R. 1978. God and the Astronomers. New York, W.W. Norton, p. 116.
Drs. Zehavi, and Dekel (cosmologists):
“This type of universe, however, seems to require a degree of fine tuning of the initial conditions that is in apparent conflict with ‘common wisdom’.” Zehavi, I, and A. Dekel. 1999. Evidence for a positive cosmological constant from flows of galaxies and distant supernovae Nature 401: 252-254.
Alan Sandage (winner of the Crawford prize in astronomy):
“I find it quite improbable that such order came out of chaos. There has to be some organizing principle. God to me is a mystery but is the explanation for the miracle of existence, why there is something instead of nothing.” Willford, J.N. March 12, 1991. Sizing up the Cosmos: An Astronomers Quest. New York Times, p. B9.
John O’Keefe (astronomer at NASA):
“We are, by astronomical standards, a pampered, cosseted, cherished group of creatures.. .. If the Universe had not been made with the most exacting precision we could never have come into existence. It is my view that these circumstances indicate the universe was created for man to live in.” Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 200.
Fine Tuning Parameters for the JUST RIGHT Universe
1. Strong nuclear Force Constant- if larger: no hydrogen would form; atomic nuclei for most life-essential elements would be unstable; thus, no life chemistry if smaller: no elements heavier than hydrogen would form: again, no life chemistry
2. Weak Nuclear Force Constant if larger: too much hydrogen would convert to helium in big bang; hence, stars would convert too much matter into heavy elements making life chemistry impossible if smaller: too little helium would be produced from big bang; hence, stars would convert too little matter into heavy elements making life chemistry impossible
3. Gravitational Force Constant if larger: stars would be too hot and would burn too rapidly and too unevenly for life chemistry if smaller: stars would be too cool to ignite nuclear fusion; thus, many of the elements needed for life chemistry would never form
4. Electromagnetic Force Constant if greater: chemical bonding would be disrupted; elements more massive than boron would be unstable to fission if lesser: chemical bonding would be insufficient for life chemistry
5. Ratio of Electromagnetic Force Constant TO Gravitational Force Constant if larger: all stars would be at least 40% more massive than the sun; hence, stellar burning would be too brief and too uneven for life support if smaller: all stars would be at least 20% less massive than the sun, thus incapable of producing heavy elements
6. Ratio of electron to Proton Mass if larger: chemical bonding would be insufficient for life chemistry if smaller: same as above
7. Ratio of number of protons to number of electrons if larger: electromagnetism would dominate gravity, preventing galaxy, star, and planet formation if smaller: same as above
8. Expansion rate of the Universe if larger: no galaxies would form if smaller: universe would collapse, even before stars formed
9. Entropy level of the Universe if larger: stars would not form within proto-galaxies if smaller: no proto-galaxies would form
10. Mass density of the Universe- if larger: overabundance of deuterium from big bang would cause stars to burn rapidly, too rapidly for life to form, if smaller: insufficient helium from big bang would result in a shortage of heavy elements
11. Velocity of Light if faster: stars would be too luminous for life support if slower: stars would be insufficiently luminous for life support
12. Age of the Universe if older: no solar-type stars in a stable burning phase would exist in the right (for life) part of the galaxy if younger: solar-type stars in a stable burning phase would not yet have formed
13. Initial Uniformity of Radiation if more uniform: stars, star clusters, and galaxies would not have formed if less uniform: universe by now would be mostly black holes and empty space ‘
14. Average distance between Galaxies if larger: star formation late enough in the history of the universe would be hampered by lack of material if smaller: gravitational tug-of-wars would destabilize the sun’s orbit
15. Density of Galaxy Cluster if denser: galaxy collisions and mergers would disrupt the sun’s orbit if less dense: star formation late enough in the history of the universe would be hampered by lack of material
16. Average Distance between Stars if larger: heavy element density would be too sparse for rocky planets to form if smaller: planetary orbits would be too unstable for life
17.Fine Structure Constant (describing the fine-structure splitting of spectral lines) if larger: all stars would be at least 30% less massive than the sun if larger than 0.06: matter would be unstable in large magnetic fields if smaller: all stars would be at least 80% more massive than the sun
18. Decay Rate of Protons if greater: life would be exterminated by the release of radiation if smaller: universe would contain insufficient matter for life
19. 12C to 16O Nuclear Energy Level Ratio if larger: universe would contain insufficient oxygen for life if smaller: universe would contain insufficient carbon for life
20. Ground State Energy level for 4He if larger: universe would contain insufficient carbon and oxygen for life if smaller: same as above
21. Decay rate of 8: Be if slower: heavy element fusion would generate catastrophic explosions in all the stars if faster: no element heavier than beryllium would form; thus, no life chemistry
22.Ratio of Neutron Mass to Proton Mass if higher: neutron decay would yield too few neutrons for the formation of many life-essential elements if lower: neutron decay would produce so many neutrons as to collapse all stars into neutron stars or black holes
23. Initial Excess of Nucleons over Anti-nucleons if greater: radiation would prohibit planet formation if lesser: matter would be insufficient for galaxy or star formation
24.Polarity of the Water Molecule if greater: heat of fusion and vaporization would be too high for life if smaller: heat of fusion and vaporization would be too low for life; liquid water would not work as a solvent for life chemistry; ice would not float, and a runaway freeze-up would result
25. Supernovae Eruptions if too close, too frequent, or too late: radiation would exterminate life on the planet if too distant, too infrequent, or too soon: heavy elements would be too sparse for rocky planets to form
26. White Dwarf Binaries if too few: insufficient fluorine would exist for life chemistry if too many: planetary orbits would be too unstable for life if formed too soon: insufficient fluorine production if formed too late: fluorine would arrive too late for life chemistry
27. Ratio of Exotic Matter Mass to Ordinary Matter Mass if larger: universe would collapse before solar-type stars could form if smaller: no galaxies would form
28. Number of Effective Dimensions in the Early Universe if larger: quantum mechanics, gravity, and relativity could not coexist; thus, life would be impossible if smaller: same result
29. Number of Effective Dimensions in the Present Universe if smaller: electron, planet, and star orbits would become unstable if larger: same result
30. Mass of the Neutrino if smaller: galaxy clusters, galaxies, and stars would not form if larger: galaxy clusters and galaxies would be too dense
31. Big Bang Ripples if smaller: galaxies would not form; universe would expand too rapidly if larger: galaxies/galaxy clusters would be too dense for life; black holes would dominate; universe would collapse before life-site could form
32. Size of the Relativistic Dilation Factor if smaller: certain life-essential chemical reactions will not function properly if larger: same result
33. Uncertainty Magnitude in the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle if smaller: oxygen transport to body cells would be too small and certain life-essential elements would be unstable if larger: oxygen transport to body cells would be too great and certain life-essential elements would be unstable
34. Cosmological Constant if larger: universe would expand too quickly to form solar-type stars
Taken from Big Bang Refined by Fire by Dr. Hugh Ross, 1998. Reasons To Believe, Pasadena, CA.
Creation/Biochemistry Reveals Yahweh
The odds of A single protein molecule forming by chance is 1:10 TO THE 243 POWER (that is a 10 followed by 243 0’s). A single cell is comprised of millions of protein molecules.
They estimate the Odds of the evolution of the human genome by chance to be on the order of 4-360th Power (110,000), a number which is so huge that to call it astronomical would be a wild understatement. In other words, if evolution did occur, it would have been a miracle, so that evolution is actually evidence for the existence of God!– Barrowand Tipler The Anthropic Cosmological Principle
You & God
What Are You Going To Do?
Prophecy makes Christianity unique. If a God exists, HE should be able to tell the beginning from the end of time. That is what we see with the Bible. These prophecies reveal precise dates, times and events that tell about Elohim, Our God
Yeshua has over 300 prophecies written about Him. Nobody could possibly predict the exact location of a person, and have 456 characteristics about the persons life foretold in prophecy. Yet we see that with Yeshua. The Prophecy of Daniel 69 reveals the exact date in time of the messiahs birth located in the Old Testament. SUCH accuracy and precision is astounding, revealed in Jesus’s day, but many Prophecies are coming to pass in our day told by Jesus himself.
It is calculated that the chances of fulfilling just 48 prophecies are 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power. Yeshua fulfilled over 300 – Affirmed by the American Scientific Affiliation Members
There are NO errors in the bible in the original language. When people that claim “contradictions”, they are either failing to understand the context of the passages they are examining, or they have encountered a “scribal” or spelling mistake in our modern versions that were translated. The original language can shed light on the meaning of a word that was translated incorrectly. The modern tools of searching the Hebrew or Greek have opened up a large array of understanding and research.
In 1947, the Dead Sea Scrolls found and dated 125 BC proved the bible was translated to the highest degree of accuracy. The dead sea scrolls was one example of accuracy, showing that over 24,000 ancient supporting documents were copied with precision from the original documents.
The New Testament writers accounts were first hand accounts of Yeshua’s ministry. These books were written within 20-30 years of Jesus death and resurrection, not 200 years. If the apostles writings were false, we would see an enormous amount of evidence from the people disputing the findings of the apostles about Yeshua.
The ELS (Bible Codes ) SUPPORTS the claim that the scriptures were “supernaturally inspired. There are thousands of Codes in the Bible and tell of our day and events that are important.
Within EVERY Prophecy about “the coming messiah” YESHUA is encoded in WITHIN THE Actual verse.
74 Codes Within A Messiah Prophecy – One of the most startling Bible Codes found is within (Isaiah 52-53).”He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed” The code found was “NAZARENE” , along with seventy- four 74 of the names, places, and events of the time period of Jesus of Nazareth in that tiny verse. Many astounding examples show the complexity of the Holy Scriptures.
The Person of Yeshua can be found historically in the documents from many non-biblical writers. Yeshua did exist. It has been documented that He died on the cross, resurrected, and that an earthquake, a world-wide eclipse and temple veil were torn the moment He died.
Archaeology Backs Up The Scriptures– A relatively small part of the remains of the biblical world has been excavated. Of some 5,000 known sites of archaeological significance in Palestine, only about 350 have been excavated, and of these only about 2 percent have been extensively excavated.
- Archaeologist Nelson Glueck has concluded, “no archaeological discovery has ever been made that contradicts or controverts historical statements in Scripture”
In 1890, Ivan Panin revealed the astounding mathematical underpinning in the Greek and Hebrew language of the scriptures, generating over 43,000 detailed pages of numeral mathematics. God has revealed himself through design found in the complexity of the human body, through DNA, and life he has created.
Lloyd Carpender was the first to discover the mystery of MASSIVE 4 images on the bottom of the ocean floor showing a weeping man a nail through His hand.
Millions of Muslims are receiving dreams that reveal Yeshua Jesus. To those who are lost in a country where Christianity is outlawed, God is reaching them in a supernatural way.
The Most Important Prophecies Play Out In Yahweh’s Festivals- New Moons, Sabbaths, and Jubilee Cycles, Feast of Tabernacles, Passover, Feast of Trumpets, Yom Kippur, Pentecost, Atonement and Unleavened Bread.
Gods’ judgment is evident in when Israel is divided. The author William R. Koenig discovered that the most costliest catastrophes in history occurred or began on the very same day or within 24-hours of U.S. presidents Bush, Clinton and Bush applying pressure on Israel to divide the land.
A 3D Image Has Been Discovered On The Shroud of Turin. On the very day Jesus died, over 80+ Prophecies came to pass as He died on the cross. He took the penalty of Hell for anyone that believed in him.
A world wide eclipse took place as Yeshua hung on the cross. This eclipse was a miracle of God because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full moon. Phlegon of Tralles, noted that “the sun remained dim for almost a whole year” So this event was signaling something extremely important. An earthquake took place at the moment of Yeshua’s death. All this evidence has been documented in the writings of non-biblical secular accounts, and often from high officials such as Emperors and court historians.
Now, you can weigh the bible for yourself and put your beliefs to the test. The question is- what will you do with the evidence? There is much more evidence for the truth of Christ’s message than is presented here. THE POINT IS THAT INCREDIBLE EVIDENCE EXISTS. If the evidence is weak and unconvincing, then you can throw Christianity out and look elsewhere.
The bible states that the SON Of God, Yeshua is the ONLY way to eternity in Heaven.
“He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the **wrath of God abides on him.” (John 3:36)
But if the BIBLE is true, then what the bible SAYS AFFECTS you. Are you ready to gamble with the consequences of denying Yeshua’s Deity with all this evidence?
Look at the evidence and if you want to receive Jesus , and accept His gift of salvation. It’s a matter of believing in Jesus Christ, repenting of your sins, and obey His commandments. NO one can BUY his or her way into heaven, nor can we do this by our good works. The bible shows us that we are all sinners, we all have fallen short of the Glory of God.
You Can Be Sure Of Your Salvation
1 John 5:12-13- He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.
John 5:24- “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.
John 10:29 “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
John 6:47-“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.
Romans 8:38-39- For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.The below invitation: a prayerful guideline for your sincere step of faith. You can say your own, but it just has to be from your heart.
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past and sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my salvation, and King over my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
Luke 15:7-10 ” In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
for reading our blog
More Opinions On God
Carl Woese (microbiologist from the University of Illinois)
“Life in Universe – rare or unique? I walk both sides of that street. One day I can say that given the 100 billion stars in our galaxy and the 100 billion or more galaxies, there have to be some planets that formed and evolved in ways very, very like the Earth has, and so would contain microbial life at least. There are other days when I say that the anthropic principal, which makes this universe a special one out of an uncountably large number of universes, may not apply only to that aspect of nature we define in the realm of physics, but may extend to chemistry and biology. In that case life on Earth could be entirely unique.” Mullen, L. 2001. The Three Domains of Life from SpaceDaily.com
Richard Gunther (Professor California State University)
“Now that science is able to break material substances down to their basic constituents, it has been found that all matter consists of a limited number of elements, which are common to all living and non living things. In other words, man is made of exactly the same things as soil”
Jim Holt ( American philosopher, author and essayist. )
“I was reminded of this a few months ago when I saw a survey in the journal Nature. It revealed that 40% of American physicists, biologists and mathematicians believe in God–and not just some metaphysical abstraction, but a deity who takes an active interest in our affairs and hears our prayers: the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” Jim Holt. 1997. Science Resurrects God. The Wall Street Journal (December 24, 1997), Dow Jones & Co., Inc.
Fred Hoyle (British astrophysicist):
“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a super-intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.” Hoyle, F. 1982. The Universe: Past and Present Reflections. Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics: 20:16.
George Ellis (British astrophysicist):
“Amazing fine tuning occurs in the laws that make this [complexity] possible. Realization of the complexity of what is accomplished makes it very difficult not to use the word ‘miraculous’ without taking a stand as to the ontological status of the word.” Ellis, G.F.R. 1993. The Anthropic Principle: Laws and Environments. The Anthropic Principle, F. Bertola and U.Curi, ed. New York, Cambridge University Press, p. 30.
Paul Davies (British astrophysicist):
“There is for me powerful evidence that there is something going on behind it all….It seems as though somebody has fine-tuned nature’s numbers to make the Universe….The impression of design is overwhelming”. Davies, P. 1988. The Cosmic Blueprint: New Discoveries in Nature’s Creative Ability To Order the Universe. New York: Simon and Schuster, p.203
Paul Davies (English physicist, writer and broadcaster, a professor at Arizona State University)
“The laws [of physics] … seem to be the product of exceedingly ingenious design… The universe must have a purpose”. Davies, P. 1984. Superforce: The Search for a Grand Unified Theory of Nature. (New York: Simon & Schuster, 1984), p. 243.
Tony Rothman (Physicist):
“When confronted with the order and beauty of the universe and the strange coincidences of nature, it’s very tempting to take the leap of faith from science into religion. I am sure many physicists want to. I only wish they would admit it.” Casti, J.L. 1989. Paradigms Lost. New York, Avon Books, p.482-483.
Vera Kistiakowsky (MIT Physicist):
“The exquisite order displayed by our scientific understanding of the physical world calls for the divine.” Margenau, H and R.A. Varghese, ed. 1992. Cosmos, Bios, and Theos. La Salle, IL, Open Court, p. 52.
Arthur Eddington (Astrophysicist):
“The idea of a universal mind or Logos would be, I think, a fairly plausible inference from the present state of scientific theory.” Heeren, F. 1995. Show Me God. Wheeling, IL, Searchlight Publications, p. 233.
Arno Penzias (Nobel prize in physics):
“Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe which was created out of nothing, one with the very delicate balance needed to provide exactly the conditions required to permit life, and one which has an underlying (one might say ‘supernatural’) plan.” Margenau, H and R.A. Varghese, ed. 1992. Cosmos, Bios, and Theos. La Salle, IL, Open Court, p. 83
Arthur L. Schawlow (Professor of Physics at Stanford University, 1981 Nobel Prize in physics):
“It seems to me that when confronted with the marvels of life and the universe, one must ask why and not just how. The only possible answers are religious. . . . I find a need for God in the universe and in my own life.” Margenau, H. and R. A. Varghese, eds. Cosmos, Bios, Theos: Scientists Reflect on Science, God, and the Origins of the Universe, Life, and Homo Sapiens (Open Court Pub. Co., La Salle, IL, 1992).
Wernher von Braun (Pioneer rocket engineer)
“I find it as difficult to understand a scientist who does not acknowledge the presence of a superior rationality behind the existence of the universe as it is to comprehend a theologian who would deny the advances of science.” McIver, T. 1986. Ancient Tales and Space-Age Myths of Creationist Evangelism. The Skeptical Inquirer 10:258-276.
John R Mott 1865-1955 Nobel Peace Prize Co-winner of 1946
“The missionary church is a praying church. The history of missions is a history of prayer. Everything vital to the success of the world’s evangelism hinges on prayer. Are thousands of missionaries and tens of thousands of native workers needed? “Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He send forth laboreres into his harvest”
Patrick Henry Founding Father USA
“That book, Sir, is the Rock which our republic rests”Andrew Jackson – President USA”Here is a book worth more than all the other books which were ever printed”
John Adams United States President
“The bible is the best book in the world. It contains more than all the libraries I have seen”
Mark Twain ( American writer, entrepreneur, publisher and lecturer)
“Most people are bothered by those passages of scriptures they don’t understand, but for me I have always noticed that the passages that bother me are those I do understand”
Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826 Third President of the US Author of the US Declaration of Independence
“I have always said, and always will say, that the studious persusal of the Sacred Volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands”
Ulysses S Grant -1822-1885 18th President of the United States Commander of Union Forces Durning the Civil War
“Hold fast to the bible as the sheet anchor of your liberties;write its precepts in your hearts, and practice them in your lives”
Theodore Roosevelt 1858-1919 26th President of the United States
“No Educated man can afford to be ignorant of the bible”
Jonathan Edwards- 1703-1758 Third Predident of Princeton
“The only way we can know whether we are sinning is by knowing his moral law”
Robert E. Lee – 1807 1870 General of the Confederacy Durning the American Civil War
“In all my perplexities and distresses, the bible has never failed to give me light and strength.”
U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt remarked,
“A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education.”
Louis Pasteur 1822-1895 French Chemist and Bacteriologist
“A little science estranges men from God but much science leads them back to him”
“We do not know one-millionth of one percent about anything”
Henry “Fritz” Schaefer (Graham Perdue Professor of Chemistry and director of the Center for Computational Quantum Chemistry at the University of Georgia):
“The significance and joy in my science comes in those occasional moments of discovering something new and saying to myself, ‘So that’s how God did it.’ My goal is to understand a little corner of God’s plan.” Sheler, J. L. and J.M. Schrof, “The Creation”, U.S. News & World Report (December 23, 1991):56-64.
George Gallup- Statistician
“I could prove God statistically. Take the human body alone. The chances that all the functions of the individual would just happen is a statistical monstrosity.”
“To Suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree”
“The Akiane Jesus looks like the Turin Shroud” shroudstory.com
Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son (Colton Burpo) of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. Later when recovered he tells his mom and dad he was able to talk with Jesus in heaven. Colton is shown different pictures of Jesus and asked if they are accurate depictions of what he remembers Jesus looked like. The authors never tell us which pictures Colton looked at. In the end Colton is shown an online picture. “Dad, that one’s right,” he exclaims. It is the Akiane’s portrait of Jesus.