For an indepth study on deliverance and spiritual warfare, please check out this site.- Demonbusters
“that no advantage may be gained over us by Satan: for we are not ignorant of his devices.” 2 Cor 2:11
“Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil,as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
“Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do.” John 8:44
What are Satans Tactics?
1. Genesis 1:31a God saw all that he had made, and it was VERY GOOD.
- Satan is going to destroy those things that God made good. Satan sets out to destroy the family unit, marriages, and a persons walk with God. He also seeks to dismantle the church from inside.
2. Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden;  but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”
- Satan is going to appeal to your temptations such as drugs, alcohol, lustful acts, romantic interests other than your spouse, immoral acts through commercials, sexually charged movies, indecent magazines, and horror films to mention just a few.
- Satan will keep you busy at what you like the best. He knows you better than you know yourself. You have had familiar spirits around you since you were born and through out your families generations. Lust, money, power, possessions, wealth, hobbies…. you name it. He keeps you by running after things that give immediate gratification.
3. Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more CRAFTY than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must NOT eat from ANY TREE in the garden’?”
Satan prowls around looking to attack in subtle ways. Satan’s tactics in temptation are soft where you see no danger. He is sly, understated, tricky, and subtle. Satan disguises the outcome of sin. He doesn’t reveal what the outcome that small affair will lead to, or that first snort of cocaine. Satan uses strategies that work. Every attack he will do in the future, he has done in the past through every generation. Your manual? The Bible
A- He is going to Cast doubt on Gods Word
- Satan: “Did God really say…?”
- Satan: “New Christian, do you really believe all that stuff those other Christians tell you from the Bible?”
B. Expect Satan to twist Gods word
- Satan: “Mister, the bible says, ‘Unto the pure all things are pure.’ So you just looking at that lady won’t hurt.”
- Satan to an unhappy wife: “God wants you to be happy, so leave that miserable husband!”
- Satan: “Woman, don’t be a slave to your husband,” discrediting a Titus 2, and Proverbs 31 woman who honors her husband out of love and respect.
- Satan: “Teens, it’s important to ‘be popular and cool’ discrediting “Be not conformed…” (Romans 12:2).
- Satan: “Cancer patient, sure, God heals, but this illness is too big,” denying “…[He] heals ALL…” (Psalm 103:3).
Your Battle Action Plan.
1. Ephesians 4:27 Do not give the devil a foothold. Give no place, no foothold, to the devil. Give him no occasions to “get his foot in the door” of your heart. Turn your eyes away from the Victoria Secret commercials, away from tempting magazines, away from the attractive man who catches your eye.
2. 1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. Walking out a pure and godly walk with God shuts the door to the devil’s seductions. A born again Christian doesn’t continue to sin. When you continue to sin, you shut off the communication to God. So what do you do? Simple, – TURN Away from your sin, and try to walk a holy life.
3. Don’t be ignorant of the Bible – II Cor. 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices . Speak the word of God, know the word of God. Bind UP the Powers of Darkness around you and cast them out of your presence.
4. Stay away from the Occult. Do not participate in watching vampire, witchcraft movies. Keep your eyes away from movies or images that feature naked people. Start weeding your movie collections on netflix to only those who don’t take the Lords name in vein. Remove your eyes from anything seducing. Eph. 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
5. Stay away from Churches denying the power of God. II Tim. 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
What does my armor look like ?
1. The WORD of God — Jesus to Satan in the temptation – It is written … it is written … it is written.” -Satan will do anything in his might to keep you out of the word. Knowing the word alone is a Christians best weapon. He will keep you from studying God’s Word, attending worship, or Bible study periods. (Read that again, this is the main form of walking close to God) Reading his word daily.
“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4)
Psalm 119:9, 11 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word…. (11) I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”
2. Speaking in the Name of Jesus. The “name of Jesus” has authority.
Did you know that only the name of Jesus can demons come out of people? This is a huge piece of evidence for Christianity that even the demons have to submit to the name of Jesus. Jesus spoke out authority over Satan which Satan knows that he is subject to. The Word of God is the piercing sword that every demon does have to obey.
3. Resist the devil. Live pure lives focused on God. Be confident in the fact that Jesus came to destroy the devil’s work, meaning the devil has already lost. Bind up the powers of darkness and cast them out of your home or around you if you feel as though you are being attacked. This works in any situation where demons are trying to attack.
In James 4:7, we read, “Resist the Devil and he will flee from
you.” Satan can be resisted. The apostle Peter tells us to withstand
steadfast in your faith (1 Peter 5:8-9). Paul tells to stand against
the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:11-13. Try as He might, Satan
cannot gain entrance without our permission.
Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.