We definitely have already seen quite a bit of “shaking” in 2017, and the new year has only just begun. Since New Year’s Eve, there have been more than 250 earthquakes near the border between California and Mexico. These quakes appear to be centered around the town of Brawley, which is only about 30 miles away from the San Andreas fault. But even before the new year began there was a tremendous amount of shaking in the region.
In fact, on December 28th the Daily Mail reported that almost 700 earthquakes had shaken California and Nevada over the previous week.
Many experts are concerned that all of this shaking could be leading up to “the Big One”, and a lot of people living in southern California are deeply alarmed right at this moment.
The area where these latest earthquakes have been happening is known as “the Brawley Seismic Zone”. It actually connects the San Andreas fault with the Imperial fault, and according to the Los Angeles Times, scientists tell us that this is a place where “the Earth’s crust is getting stretched out”…
The earthquakes struck in the southern end of the Brawley Seismic Zone, a seismically active region where tectonic plates are moving away from each other and the Earth’s crust is getting stretched out “and basically adding land,” said Caltech seismologist Egill Hauksson.
The Brawley Seismic Zone is particularly important to watch because it is the region that connects the San Andreas and Imperial faults, both of which can produce damaging earthquakes. The seismic zone extends for about 30 miles from the city of Brawley, across the Salton Sea’s southern half, and ends near Bombay Beach.
Fortunately this latest earthquake swarm occurred at the southern end of the Brawley Seismic Zone and not the northern end. Because as the Los Angeles Times tells us, quakes on the northern end can potentially “trigger a major event on the San Andreas fault”…
Earthquake swarms that occur in the other end of the Brawley Seismic Zone — to the north — could trigger a major event on the San Andreas fault, one of California’s most dangerous, that could send catastrophic shaking into Riverside, San Bernardino and Los Angeles counties.
In late September, one such swarm began in the northern Brawley Seismic Zone, with three measuring above magnitude 4. That event led the U.S. Geological Survey to warn that chances of a magnitude 7 or greater earthquake on the San Andreas fault had risen as a result of the swarm.
Hopefully this current surge in earthquake activity will not lead to a major catastrophic event.
But experts assure us that it is inevitable that a major catastrophic event will hit the region someday. For example, just consider what Thomas Jordan recently told a stunned audience at one conference…
Experts have warned that the fault line has been quiet for far too long and is due to erupt at any time.
Thomas Jordan, director of the Southern California Earthquake Centre, told a conference in Long Beach: “The springs on the San Andreas system have been wound very, very tight. And the southern San Andreas fault, in particular, looks like it’s locked, loaded and ready to go.”
Seismologists have said that over the past 1,400 to 1,500 monster earthquakes have ruptured at 150-year intervals.
And scientists are discovering that the great earthquake that is coming to southern California could ultimately end up being far more devastating than they had originally been anticipating. In a previous piece, I quoted a Fox News article which talked about a major study that came to the conclusion that the 800-mile-long San Andreas fault “could unzip all at once”…
For years, scientists believed the mighty San Andreas—the 800-mile-long fault running the length of California where the Pacific and North American plates meet—could only rupture in isolated sections.
But a recent study by federal, state and academic researchers showed that much of the fault could unzip all at once, unleashing a rare, singular catastrophe. Now, insurers have used that research to come up with a new analysis of the damage that could be caused by statewide break of the San Andreas.
I don’t what is going to happen next, but just as I have been writing this article there have been more earthquakes in California and Nevada.
Throughout 2016 our planet showed that it is becoming increasingly unstable, and 2017 is already starting off with a whole lot of shaking going on.
At some point a catastrophic earthquake is going to occur, and it may happen when we least expect it.
About the author: Michael Snyder is the founder and publisher of The Economic Collapse Blog and The Most Important News. Michael’s controversial new book about Bible prophecy entitled “The Rapture Verdict” is available in paperback and for the Kindle on Amazon.com.
Prophetic Judgement For California
- California, Las Vegas, New York, Nevada, and Florida Will Burn – Dumitru Duduman
- Flee California! A Prophetic Warning From God Given To Pastor Joel
- California, California, California,“Your betrayal of Israel will bring about destruction,” –Julie Whedbee
- “The Golden Gate, Altar of Harlots and Idolaters” A Prophetic Word …
- Chuck Youngbrandt’s Two Deadly Earthquakes California
- A Major Split In The Ocean “Get to the mountains!” Perry Stone
- “My hand will touch the sea” Eliezer Santiago
- “I saw a huge earthquake strike Utah and then California ” Sarah Hoffman
Prophecies About Parts Of The West Coast Falling Into The Ocean
- A Large Land Mass Move In America, – TD Hale’s Vision
- “Much of the West Coast just wasn’t there, It had disappeared into the Pacific Ocean- Maurice Sklar
- California Falling Into The Ocean – Joe Brandt / William Branham
- Vision Of California Being Swept Away Into The Ocean Kellie H
- Dream Of California Breaking Into The Sea –Angela Whitworth
- “The state of California and the land just east of it had split off ” Jan Meador
- A Vision Of California Breaking Off Into The Sea- By His Grace Ministry
- Falling Star Lands In California, Chunks Of WA, and CA Fall Into The Ocean – Kim Weir
Additional North West Noteworthy News
- RED FLAG Warnings For California – 200+ Earthquakes in 104 Hours …
- The Worst Natural Disaster Is Coming To The Pacific Northwest Say …
- The Ground Surrounding The San Andreas Fault Is ‘Rising And Sinking’
- 62 Earthquakes Rattled Mount Hood Volcano, Oregon on May 15, 2016
Prophetic Judgement For The West Coast
- A Coming Earthquake To The North West – John Shorey
- Rick Joyner And Bob Jones Warn To Move Away From The West Coast
- Terry Bennett And Janet Preus Severe Earthquake Tsunami British Columbia
- “Everything was under water” Susan’s Oregon Tsunami
- “I Send An Alarm Across Washington State and Oregon Chuck Pierce
Two Earthquakes To Hit America